Author Topic: YJ Dovetail  (Read 32597 times)

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
Re: YJ Dovetail
« Reply #75 on: 04/22/09 - 12:39PM »
If you'd been around to see all the work I put into that 60 you wouldn't bet that way Davo. 

My next swap is likely to be a different REAR axle... got a couple good ideas for that.
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #76 on: 04/22/09 - 01:29PM »
no, cause he'll sell the whole Jeep first.
EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline xj42

• Level 3
« Reply #77 on: 04/22/09 - 03:37PM »
You've almost come full circle from when I first started coming to the meetings.  I believe at that time you were just finishing up a 60/14 swap.

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #78 on: 04/22/09 - 03:49PM »
YEP.  This time around I'm locked etc.   Jeep looks a lot better these days as well.

Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline CRAZY LARRY

• Charter Members
  • Level 3
« Reply #79 on: 04/23/09 - 01:35AM »
I got ten bucks that says He doesn't have the jeep in a year.
« Last Edit: 04/23/09 - 01:39AM by CRAZY LARRY »
Zombie brains; smells like fish taste like chicken.

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #80 on: 04/23/09 - 01:49AM »
What defines "the jeep"?  As in I will have it exactly as it is?  No chance in HELL.  Or that I will still have this jeeps title and registration in whatever incarnation I make it next?

I don't know why I catch all the grief about selling my jeeps? This is only my 13th one.... and I've had this one for 2 years in MAY!

Offline farmboy

• Level 3
« Reply #81 on: 04/27/09 - 12:23PM »
Thats why we are saying it's about time to get a new one... and cause we like giving you a hard time ole friend!!

The only reason I think you would keep it is becasue you don't have time anymore more due to the job and all. And you work on new stuff all the time now...why would you wanna work on the old stuff??
Be quick to listen, slow to speek and slow to anger!!

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #82 on: 04/27/09 - 01:11PM »
I get to do more "cool" stuff to old ones.  The new ones look cool when we're done and all, but it's just not the same.

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #83 on: 04/27/09 - 03:12PM »
Austin,

I took some better pics for you man! LOL

Offline xj42

• Level 3
« Reply #84 on: 04/27/09 - 05:01PM »
Awesome!  That's what I'm talkin' about.

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #85 on: 04/27/09 - 05:29PM »
Thanks.

Need new brake lines since mine won't clear the casting on 60 calipers. 

Need to shorten the front drive shaft.

Need to narrow my tie rod, and figure out if I can run it "under" the steering arms instead of above.  Above my jeep sits to low and steering his the frame on compression.  Also figured out my front drive shaft has been hitting my trans on full compression. 

A lot of things are adding up to needing more height, but trying to avoid it!

Offline calebsxj

• Level 1
« Reply #86 on: 04/27/09 - 06:19PM »
Looks good man!

Caleb

Offline farmboy

• Level 3
« Reply #87 on: 04/27/09 - 06:45PM »
and you need to through some dirt on the new axle cause it looks way to clean under that dirty jeep.  i still like it though!!
Be quick to listen, slow to speek and slow to anger!!

Offline why jay

• Level 2
« Reply #88 on: 04/27/09 - 09:06PM »
yeah, aaron, that's a pretty jeep.  Need to get it on the trails and find a new weak point, being that you have replaced all of them that you had.  looks good.  When you said you hated that we spent a little time recovering you out there, you weren't kidding, you REALLY dont like to be the broke one do you? 
I am Joe the plumber.

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #89 on: 04/27/09 - 09:23PM »
NOPE, I hate being busted... but I don't mind spending my time recovering others.  Like you can see I'd rather build up than have a weak link.  Next on the list after this round is a shaved 14 bolt rear when the new (thanks for hook up CLINT) motor goes in!