Author Topic: blown head gasket???  (Read 921 times)

Offline x6xdemonx6x

• Level 2
blown head gasket???
« on: 12/13/09 - 07:31PM »
just trying to confirm what i already expect.  Jeep is a 91 wagoneer with amc 360.  Blows white smoke no coolant in the oil on the dipstick and while the coolant is dirty doesn't appear to have any oil it however pulling the oil fill cap off the tube theres is white gunk all over the the cap which is what has lead me to beleave its a blown head gasket.  Trucks in republic where i live if anyone wants to look at it to be sure like i said i am just looking for a second opinion before i tear it apart.
Dude......I don't think thats gonna buff out.<br /><br />That ain't rust...Their custom lightening holes.

Offline Moto

• Level 1
Re: blown head gasket???
« Reply #1 on: 12/13/09 - 09:01PM »
Does it have a sweet smell to the exhaust or any green (if that's the color antifreeze you're using) drips from the tailpipe? I've experienced that white gunk on the underside of the oil filler cap & was a result from condensation collecting there, never was a problem though.
« Last Edit: 12/13/09 - 09:05PM by Moto »

Offline x6xdemonx6x

• Level 2
Re: blown head gasket???
« Reply #2 on: 12/13/09 - 10:58PM »
oh it definately does not smell sweet lol.  I was leaning that way with the gunk on the cap but like i said it smokes non stop regardless of what you do.  Doesn't smell like oil either. other then that it starts and runs fine only starts to over heat if you actually start to drive it.  Thinking someone pulled the thermostat out of it also since the hose don't seem to ever pressurize
Dude......I don't think thats gonna buff out.<br /><br />That ain't rust...Their custom lightening holes.