Author Topic: Table Rock Lake 4X4N, (Cassville Unit) national Forest info  (Read 1433 times)

Offline notajeep

First post here on the forum!  Don't hate me, because I drive a Toyota.  I'm seeking information on some relaxed family back country wheeling on the West side of Cassville, Mark Twain National
Forest.  I plan on heading that way for labor day weekend.  I've got a little info, like a map, and a reserved camp site on the west side of table rock lake, at Eagle Rock.  Has anyone putted around this area?  Also just a little FYI Sept 18th I'll be at Tuttle Creek the Kansas City Jeep club something whatever?? is having an event.  Also Oct 16th KRRP at Ft. Scott is having a kid friendly "Creepy Krawl" with Raffle.  Well Nice to find you guys hopefully I can gain something from here. 
Thanks,
Jarrod
Wichita, KS

Offline CRAZY LARRY

• Charter Members
  • Level 3
check out are maps. big M
Zombie brains; smells like fish taste like chicken.

Offline notajeep

Big M didn't really help from what I found it's a campground. I've got that covered.  I'm thinking more like "The trails start here" , or "these back roads are ten miles of nothing but rocks an trees"  Thanks

Offline OldYJ

• Charter Members
  • Level 5
If you go down M hwy like you are going to big M you will se a bridge is also a parking area just before the bridge on the east side. just past the bridge is a trail head alot a trees and rocks on it. not sure of the trail number across the road from the parking area is another shorter trail. the main thing is any numbered trail should be safe if there is not a trail marker with a number you are not on a trail no mater how good it looks, wich could get you a fine from the rangers. hope this helps and welcome to the site
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from
those who are willing to work and give to those who would not"
Thomas Jefferson

Offline notajeep

I love the sound of rangers!  Thanks I had no idea.

Offline Gmann

• Level 1
  • Don't get mad, go Jeepin
From the Eagle Rock Camp ground head north on 86 Hwy. There are several trail that cut off of it. Or follow it all the way until it intersects HWY 76. Turn right or east follow that until you drive past a Mark Twain sign. Right after that will be a turn off to the south. You can drive around down there all day.
1997 TJ Sport

Offline notajeep

Thank you!!

Offline Gmann

• Level 1
  • Don't get mad, go Jeepin
How were your trail rides in Cassville?
1997 TJ Sport

Offline notajeep

Yea well we hit a few areas.  Nothing to brag about however.  Most of what I found were dead ends.  However as a family trip we had a good time.  Along the trail we say four wheelers, and motorcycles and I spotted a buck eye tree loaded up with pods.  My almost five year old thinks there real cool.  We got a few pictures along the way.  No C/B traffic all day.  My C/B just scanned so we never had a chance to meet up with any one.  Over all the camping at Eagle point was great and the weather couldn't have been better.  We rented a boat sunday morning at Eagle Point and putted around the lake a little.  In a few weeks were headed to the KansasKrawl at Tuttle Creek.  After that were headed to The creepy crawl at KRRP in October.  See you guys on the trails and thanks for the info ahead of time.  I'm a regular on an FJ forum, however I'll be keeping an eye on here at your event calendar. FYI my e-mail is gone4x4n@att.net might give me a shout when your heading to Kansas sometime.  Later