Author Topic: SMORR - Stock Wrangler  (Read 1158 times)

Offline Martinez

• Club Members
  • Level 4
SMORR - Stock Wrangler
« on: 08/31/10 - 06:07PM »
Hey everyone!  I am thinking about going down to SMORR this weekend and was wondering about their requirements.  I have not taken my Jeep off road since I got it and thought I would start out with some nice easy trails with a friend of mine.  I see on the SMORR website they say I need "frame mounted (not welded) tow hooks that are appropriately rated for the vehicle's weight for recovery purposes."  Will my stock tow hooks on the front meet this requirement?

I have heard the easy trails are pretty much dirt roads, is this true?

Is there anything else I need to be sure to bring for some basic trails?

My Wrangler is all stock, it is a 2001 Sahara.

Anyone else thinking about going to SMORR this weekend?

Any input would be appreciated!
Take it out and play with it!

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
Re: SMORR - Stock Wrangler
« Reply #1 on: 08/31/10 - 09:19PM »
SMORR is a great place for stock jeeps to go.  I'd recommend not going alone, but being a holiday weekend I'm sure a lot of people will be out there.

Your stock tow hooks will be fine, I'd recommend a recovery strap (20' variety), with loops on each end no chains.  You can get these about any where, Race Bros, Harbor Freight, Orshlands, etc.

Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline dewayne

• Level 2
« Reply #2 on: 09/ 1/10 - 08:59AM »
Hey Matinez.Ive seen you on another site  Glad you made it here.I agree SMORR is ALOT off fun but dont recomend going alone "Just in case".As long as you have recovery points is the main thing.Your stock Wrangler will do fine on alot of the trails .There is everything from dirt roads to VERY DIFFICULT TRAILS .Something for just about anyone .Im not sure what we are doing this weekend we went last weekend and had a ball. The rain may make it less dusty too.
« Last Edit: 09/ 1/10 - 09:03AM by dewayne »
Goodness this is a pricy hobby.

Offline Martinez

• Club Members
  • Level 4
« Reply #3 on: 09/ 1/10 - 04:11PM »
Ya,I've been lurking around here for awhile now.  Finally go to go to my first meeting last month, going agin tomorrow night.
Take it out and play with it!

Offline dewayne

• Level 2
« Reply #4 on: 09/ 1/10 - 06:01PM »
Good deal. See you there.
Goodness this is a pricy hobby.

Offline RedRock

• Level 1
« Reply #5 on: 09/ 1/10 - 07:52PM »
My stock ZJ did okay, when I went though it had rained pretty good a few days before and most of the 2s became 3s.. or at least it seemed like it.

With all this rain I bet some trails will have some wash out.

It's a blast though! I need to get some tow hooks, then I'll be back down there again!