Author Topic: New to Jeeps  (Read 2213 times)

Offline BabblinB

New to Jeeps
« on: 09/27/10 - 08:21PM »
Just bought my first jeep and would like to take it easy at first. What are the closest places to ride from Nixa? I am looking forward to meeting some new friends and enjoying some family fun.
Thanks for any advice and info.

Bryan

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
Re: New to Jeeps
« Reply #1 on: 09/27/10 - 09:13PM »
What kind of jeep did you get?

If you look under maps you should see pinpoints to all local riding spots. Also check out trail rides there is a cleanup run at SMORR coming up.  Those are great beginner runs because it's partially a work day and most of the day is spent driving the easier trails.
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline BabblinB

« Reply #2 on: 09/27/10 - 09:23PM »
99 Wrangler, I seen the maps but was looking for a little more detail so I do not get in over my head.

Thanks for the reply

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #3 on: 09/27/10 - 10:18PM »
SMORR is the safest bet with a group.

Chadwick has the easiest trails around I know of being National Forest but I'm not aware of any maps of them, and being on the wrong one can result in a ticket.

Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline BabblinB

« Reply #4 on: 10/ 3/10 - 07:09PM »
Took the wife and kids to Glade Top and ran down a few of the trails just to make sure every thing worked. I will try and make the next meet and greet, hope to join up and go on some winter rides.

Offline scooty1

• Level 1
« Reply #5 on: 11/10/10 - 07:45AM »
I just got a 99 wrangler also, looking to do kind of the same you are, start out easy. I live down table rock, gf is in Ozark, come through Nixa most days on drive to work in springfield.

Offline Mo Printer

• Club Members
  • Level 3
« Reply #6 on: 11/11/10 - 06:41AM »
Both of you should consider going to SMORR on the 20th.  It's a club event, lots of assistance & know-how if needed.  It's a great place to learn about your Jeep, with trails of all levels.  If I can get my axle in & set up in time, I'm going for sure.
Mo Printer

Offline scooty1

• Level 1
« Reply #7 on: 11/11/10 - 08:02AM »
I am going to try and do that thanks!

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #8 on: 11/11/10 - 05:06PM »
Steve give me a call if you need a hand.  I have LOADS of spare time right now.

Offline scooty1

• Level 1
« Reply #9 on: 11/15/10 - 12:40PM »
The ride on the 20th, you need to be a member? I am not yet. I saw something in the rules about signing up after novemeber it is pro-rated? But when I click to sign up only $30 and $35 choices are there.

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #10 on: 11/15/10 - 01:39PM »
I think the pro-rated is in Nov, but don't think the website reflects it only at the meeting.

No you don't have to be a paid member, non-members can attend any event posted in Trail Rides.  We have only had a few members only runs in time with the club.

Offline scooty1

• Level 1
« Reply #11 on: 11/15/10 - 02:09PM »
Ok thanks. Now I just have to go see Jeff at 4ws and see if I can find some kind of hooks.

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #12 on: 11/15/10 - 03:27PM »
Give him a call tomorrow I think they have a set on the shelf.