Author Topic: Wheeling trip to Washita Off-Road in Farmington.  (Read 5418 times)

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
There is a group of us planning a trip to Washita for the weekend of Oct 22-24.  They have on site camping with electric or primative with showers and real bathrooms (so their site says). 

This isn't a club run, and as usual whoever shows up is more than welcome.  It will be as it always is break up into groups of whatever difficulty and head out.  The game plan is to leave around noon on Friday to drive up (approx 4hr towing) and setup camp.  Wheel Saturday, camp, drive home Sunday (not sure on wheeling Sun). 

The terrain at the park is mixed.  There is a great deal of exposed red granite that makes fora  lot of fun trails.  There are tons and tons of stocker level trails all the way up to extreme trails.  I've been on these trails before, so has Dave.

If you have any questions post up or call me.
Aaron

573-330-3339

Park Website:

http://www.washitaoffroadtrails.com/index.html
« Last Edit: 09/29/10 - 03:37PM by YJ_Aaron »
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
Re: Wheeling trip to Washita Off-Road in Farmington.
« Reply #1 on: 10/ 8/10 - 07:17PM »
So far looks like at least 4 jeeps going and 8 members. 

Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline GHOST00TJ

• Level 3
  • Lary, Andrea, Alexis and Chase
« Reply #2 on: 10/ 9/10 - 07:02AM »
got 2-4 from Waynesville headed there also meeting up with a few from mrjt

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #3 on: 10/ 9/10 - 07:32AM »
Well drop by Larry.  Jeep is OD green YJ and the tow ho is a black 3rd gen cummins.

Offline GHOST00TJ

• Level 3
« Reply #4 on: 10/ 9/10 - 07:46AM »
will do, the other jeepers here have never been to Washita so it's a road trip now.

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #5 on: 10/ 9/10 - 09:30PM »
We'll be camping both nights so bring some rum when you drop by!

Offline j-rwaters

• Level 1
« Reply #6 on: 10/10/10 - 08:15PM »
I am planning on going. Are there any jeeps going that I will be able to run with?

John

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #7 on: 10/10/10 - 09:48PM »
I'm not sure on what's coming out of the Fort.  Also Midwest will have a big group there so I have no doubt there will be some.  The trails I want to run you can probably run you'll just have to try a bit harder than most.  The terrain there is great, the trails I like the most are just spotter alleys.  Lots of rocks filling washes and creeks. 

I'm sure we'll be on medium trails most of the time, since there aren't very many hards and the 2 I've seen will be end of the day ONLY. 

The climb up to the knob is a little long and you will have no issue with unless it's changed and I plan to try and do that for the view around lunch.

Offline j-rwaters

• Level 1
« Reply #8 on: 10/10/10 - 10:05PM »
Sounds good. Bring on the rocks!
« Last Edit: 10/10/10 - 10:11PM by j-rwaters »

Offline janed

« Reply #9 on: 10/15/10 - 10:08AM »
Hi all! I'm the secretary for Midwest, and am the one organizing our trip down there. Looks like we have about 19 jeeps signed up so far on our site. I am working with Don at Washita to get him to hook us up with a $5 chili dinner Saturday night. I need a head count of anyone interested in chili by Sunday, 10/17. I will be calling Don on Monday with a count. If you would like to be included in the count, please sign up on the MWJT forum:

http://www.midwestjeepthing.com/Forums/topic.asp?topic_id=66909&forum_id=8&Topic_Title=MWJT+Fall+Colors+Run%2D+Oct+23&forum_title=Trail+Head&replies=31&M=0&S=1

We are planning on meeting at 9am and hitting the trails at 9:30. I hope to see some of you there!

Thanks! Jane

Offline GHOST00TJ

• Level 3
« Reply #10 on: 10/15/10 - 12:13PM »
http://www.midwestjeepthing.com/Forums/topic.asp?topic_id=66909&forum_id=8&Topic_Title=MWJT+Fall+Colors+Run%2D+Oct+23&forum_title=Trail+Head&replies=31&M=0&S=1

I have 2 people total, just in case I forget, GOVMNT system gives the "Your request was denied because of its categorization: "unavailable;Chat;Entertainment"" on that link.

Offline janed

« Reply #11 on: 10/15/10 - 12:38PM »

Offline GHOST00TJ

• Level 3
« Reply #12 on: 10/15/10 - 12:46PM »
No big deal, I'll do it this weekend at home- sometimes I cant even get on some Jeep club sites, depends on big brothers Will that day lol.

******* ATTENTION! ********

DOD COMPUTER SYSTEMS MAY BE MONITORED FOR ALL LAWFUL PURPOSES, SEE AR 25-2 FOR DETAILS. USE OF THIS DOD COMPUTER SYSTEM, AUTHORIZED OR UNAUTHORIZED, CONSTITUTES CONSENT TO MONITORING. UNAUTHORIZED USE OF THIS DOD COMPUTER SYSTEM MAY SUBJECT YOU TO CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. EVIDENCE OF UNAUTHORIZED USE COLLECTED DURING MONITORING MAY BE USED FOR ADMINISTRATIVE, CRIMINAL, OR OTHER ADVERSE ACTION. USE OF THIS SYSTEM CONSTITUTES CONSENT TO MONITORING FOR ALL LAWFUL PURPOSES.

Your request was denied because of its categorization: "unavailable;Chat;Entertainment"

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #13 on: 10/17/10 - 08:27PM »
Janed, glad you found the site, and I believe those of us going are planning on grilling up saturday evening for ourselves, but thanks for the invites!

Larry nice signature warning.

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #14 on: 10/18/10 - 01:41PM »
The plan right now is to meet at the TA in Strafford at 12:30 on Friday and leave shortly there after.  If anyone has any problems post or give me a call.