Author Topic: Help - please!  (Read 2685 times)

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
Re: Help - please!
« Reply #15 on: 08/31/11 - 07:26PM »
Unplug look for hard bent wires and burned or discolored ends in the plug itself.
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline gjgoodale

• Level 3
  • ZMBR8D
« Reply #16 on: 08/31/11 - 10:48PM »
Aaron, thanks for all the insight.  The final question for the guy who's still new to tracking down these types of things...where exactly is that harness???   :17:
Check the OJT Facebook page<br />http://www.facebook.com/groups/ozarksjeepthing/

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #17 on: 08/31/11 - 11:33PM »
Fuel harness is on top of the tank.  You can usually situp and see/access it behind crossmember (follow rear shocks upwards and look back).

Plug for CPS should be on DS top of transmission bellhousing if memory serves.
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline bigjeep2

• Level 2
« Reply #18 on: 09/ 1/11 - 07:04PM »
With what we were discussing this past weekend on the trail I still think its your o2 sensors. My old jeep did not throw a code for the check engine light when the o2 sensor went out. I would change it based on the mileage, and your fuel mileage. I will be replacing mine soon. As far as CPS sensor goes I wouldnt change it because when it is bad your jeep will not run hardly. At least this is my experience.
Yeah I gots a jeep, and yes I understand. I also have a car.

Offline gjgoodale

• Level 3
  • ZMBR8D
« Reply #19 on: 09/ 2/11 - 03:23PM »
Just replaced the O2 sensors.  20+ miles into driving it...running like a top!

The old ones were in bad shape.

Here's hoping it stays running smooth for a few days so I can sleep peaceful for a change.

Greg-so far it looks like I owe you a pizza and a six pack!
Check the OJT Facebook page<br />http://www.facebook.com/groups/ozarksjeepthing/

Offline mrfast

• Director of Photography
  • Level 4
« Reply #20 on: 09/ 2/11 - 04:41PM »
Cool deal

Offline bigjeep2

• Level 2
« Reply #21 on: 09/ 2/11 - 06:47PM »
LOL Your gas mileage should go way up too.  :6: If you ever need anything feel free to ask.
Yeah I gots a jeep, and yes I understand. I also have a car.

Offline gjgoodale

• Level 3
  • ZMBR8D
« Reply #22 on: 09/ 2/11 - 08:46PM »
It's back to acting up.  Just noticed it also shift at 2,500 sometimes then it will do it at 3,000 sometimes with no change in driving habits.

Bobbie, if you're reading this I need the diagnostics!