Author Topic: My new Toy  (Read 1616 times)

Offline OzarkMountainCJ5

• Level 2
My new Toy
« on: 12/13/11 - 11:32PM »
I just picked this up last week and thought some of you guys might like it.  I am not a club member but have wheeled with several of you. Anyways it is a 55' Wagon 350,th350,Np205 Dana 44 and a 12 bolt with crossover steering. 

68' CJ6 in progress
55' Willys Wagon

Offline Martinez

• Club Members
  • Level 4
Re: My new Toy
« Reply #1 on: 12/13/11 - 11:38PM »
Very nice!! What are your plans for it?
Take it out and play with it!

Offline Rayster

• Level 1
« Reply #2 on: 12/14/11 - 12:43AM »
A great project   :15:

Offline OzarkMountainCJ5

• Level 2
« Reply #3 on: 12/14/11 - 10:13PM »
Not going to be a whole lot of changes. Probably just a front locker, rear disc conversion, a little tube work just to protect the body and finish the interior.  Someone built this several years ago and already did the majority of the work. It has a good stereo, aftermarket heater, autometer gauges,braided stainless brake lines, good driveshafts and all the drivetrain swap. I traded my four door nova for it that I couldn't get any one to buy I was told this Jeep didn't run but when I got home I found a kill switch under the dash that had a wire knocked off. I hooked it back up and it fired right up. My plan is to do a lot of wheeling this year and then next winter make some changes to what I find that isn't exactly what I want.  If I can get all my seats and stuff delivered in time we will probably go to the new years Disney trip. 
68' CJ6 in progress
55' Willys Wagon

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #4 on: 12/14/11 - 10:23PM »
Did they swap powertrain in or jeep body onto chevy chasis? 
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline OzarkMountainCJ5

• Level 2
« Reply #5 on: 12/15/11 - 09:00PM »
Its setting on a K5 frame. It is almost a bolt on just move a couple body mounts and set it on.  I will say that the guy that originally did the conversion/build seemed to do a damn good job, it is going to be nice to not have to rework a lot of stuff.
68' CJ6 in progress
55' Willys Wagon

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #6 on: 12/15/11 - 09:59PM »
It looks like it's a good fit.  The shock mount is what got me to look harder.  Hope to see it out on the trails.
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline OzarkMountainCJ5

• Level 2
« Reply #7 on: 12/27/11 - 10:05PM »
Finally got to do a little wheeling and try out the new rig.  Overall I was pretty impressed with it I don't know who set the carb up but they are a genius.  If you didn't know it was carbed you would think it was injected. Definetely needs a locker it has been a long time since a wheeled a rig with open diffs.  Here are a few pics.

68' CJ6 in progress
55' Willys Wagon

Offline gjgoodale

• Level 3
  • ZMBR8D
« Reply #8 on: 12/27/11 - 11:52PM »
Those pics are awesome!
Check the OJT Facebook page<br />http://www.facebook.com/groups/ozarksjeepthing/

Offline GHOST00TJ

• Level 3
  • Lary, Andrea, Alexis and Chase
« Reply #9 on: 12/28/11 - 10:25AM »
Awesome, I like the look of those.