Author Topic: SOGO Airsoft  (Read 4841 times)

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
SOGO Airsoft
« on: 01/21/08 - 09:19PM »
Well today a group of us went and used one of the donated gift certificates from fall 4xfest.  So I thought myself and the other participants should make a little review.

First off the business is located in Ozark and has a nice facility and the owners are great people to talk to and very helpful.

The players:  myself, Brad Barbato, Roger Miller, Ryan Jervis, and Dick Sutton. 

The range was an indoor close quarters combat scenario.  We picked up a 6th player while there to balance out the teams.  3 on 3 teams in close quarters made for lots of kills and a constant change of scenario.  The guns we were issued were very realistic which added to the fun.  We did expend a lot more rounds than planned but they are cheap so it was fun. 

I personally had a blast, good group of players and am considering getting my own airsoft rifle.  There is already talk of going back and paying to play another day as a club activity so feel free to post up if it sounds like fun to you.  Oh and yes the pellets do hurt in extreme close quarters, and face protection was provided.
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline TanYJ

• Level 4
Re: SOGO Airsoft
« Reply #1 on: 01/21/08 - 11:23PM »
They should have provided butt & nad protection too.  It was a blast.  I won the 6 man certificate from Fallfest (so everyone doesn't think we skimmed it from the top of the gift box).
J-ust.................It's
E-mpty.............Hip
E-very............To be
P-ocket.........[-]====[-]
.....The second mouse gets the cheese.....
"Skinny models, you can keep those..I like big corn-fed mid-western ho's"

Offline OJTV8CJ

• Charter Members
  • Level 4
« Reply #2 on: 01/22/08 - 12:24PM »
That was a blast!!!  Took a couple of rounds in the hands and the about a half dozen in the arse.  Got these little bumps that look like chigger bites on my legs but they don't hurt or anything. 

My legs are sore but it was well worth it!  Can't wait to do it again.
I cut sheetmetal for free.  It's fixing it that get's expensive.

Offline Jeeper guy

• Level 3
  • OINK
« Reply #3 on: 01/22/08 - 05:07PM »
       Sound like you guys had a true adreilline rush with plenty of welts. Too bad there were some nad shots, a club activity sounds like a good time.

First you crawl, then you walk, then you drive, then you crawl again....

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #4 on: 01/22/08 - 05:19PM »
Ya word of advice for those who go, bring gloves.  Next time i'll be wearing mechanix gloves since a shot in a knuckle seems to hurt.
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline TanYJ

• Level 4
« Reply #5 on: 01/22/08 - 08:19PM »
Sissys.  I guess i would actually still have to have feeling left in my knuckles for it to hurt.......
J-ust.................It's
E-mpty.............Hip
E-very............To be
P-ocket.........[-]====[-]
.....The second mouse gets the cheese.....
"Skinny models, you can keep those..I like big corn-fed mid-western ho's"

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #6 on: 01/22/08 - 08:24PM »
So is anyone on the board already into this? 

I know a couple of us are already talking about getting guns etc.

Offline OldYJ

• Charter Members
  • Level 5
« Reply #7 on: 01/23/08 - 09:26AM »
this is truely a good time.I mean were else can you hang out with friends shoot the @#$% and you friends.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from
those who are willing to work and give to those who would not"
Thomas Jefferson