Author Topic: new forum, strain my eyes!!  (Read 3486 times)

Offline sjbond67

• Level 2
new forum, strain my eyes!!
« on: 10/ 4/07 - 10:26PM »
how do you change this... reading all the post on white background with light grey font kills my eyes?
« Last Edit: 10/ 5/07 - 12:18AM by whitehead »

Offline ShowMeTJ

• Club Members
  • Level 2
Re: new forum, strain my eyes!!
« Reply #1 on: 10/ 4/07 - 11:01PM »
I agree, the text needs more contrast.  On my computer it is light gray background with a little darker text but not dark enough to be easy to read.

Is there a way that I can change the colors for my viewing pleasure?

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #2 on: 10/ 4/07 - 11:28PM »
OH boy here come the complaints...  ;)

Sounds like you have internet explorer 6 ... I am working on that problem right now. THe background is actually transparent and lets the image of the Jeep show through. Didn't have time to make it happy in all browers before the meeting tonight. Anyway... check back in a bit.. and you guys should consider upgrading your brower... Internet Explorer 7 has been out for well over a year.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/ie/default.mspx

EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline sjbond67

• Level 2
« Reply #3 on: 10/ 4/07 - 11:32PM »
psssshhhhhhh.... upgrades.... :76:

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #4 on: 10/ 4/07 - 11:38PM »
hahaha. I know. I know... So YOU ARE using IE6?

EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline sjbond67

• Level 2
« Reply #5 on: 10/ 4/07 - 11:43PM »
yea... but im upgrading right now gotta see the cool transparent effect
« Last Edit: 10/ 4/07 - 11:46PM by sjbond67 »

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #6 on: 10/ 4/07 - 11:55PM »
YOu guys please post up what browser and version you are using... also whether you are on a MAC and PC.

As it stands right now... Firefox, IE7 are both looking okay. I'm still checking on some stuff with IE6 on PC.
As for the MACs I havent really done alot whole lot of checking with that yet, but it is on the slate.

ALRIGHT I think I gotcha fixed up IE6 users.  If not let me know.
« Last Edit: 10/ 4/07 - 11:57PM by whitehead »

Offline sjbond67

• Level 2
« Reply #7 on: 10/ 5/07 - 12:28AM »
my setup is not complete with 7.0 yes, i still have to restart, so i think im using 6, but yea it looks awesome man.. badass setup

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #8 on: 10/ 5/07 - 12:51AM »
well there are still some issues with IE6... I won't have anytime to spend on that till tomorrow night and this weekend. SO bare with me... this is all part of it. I need all of you to let me know what issues there are. It's a community effort getting a website to evolve. Thanks for the inputs.

Offline ShowMeTJ

• Club Members
  • Level 2
« Reply #9 on: 10/ 5/07 - 01:55AM »
I'm using Firefox on a PC and everything looks good now.  I know it takes a while and didn't mean to complain so quickly, I just wanted to let you know how it looked on my end.  I like the transparency and look forward to all the new stuff. :41:

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #10 on: 10/ 5/07 - 03:08AM »
no offense taken... I rely on everyones input, big or small. I can build them, but the visitors and users of the site are what make it successful.

I'd like to apologize to the user who have Internet Explorer 6 ... There is a something still not working right and has been crashing some peoples browsers... I'll get it lined out this weekend and move on the to good stuff.

Thanks for everyones patience.

Offline cpj

• Level 2
« Reply #11 on: 10/ 6/07 - 02:12PM »
IE blows. Get Firefox.
Once in a while that perfect part rolls around that the redneck craftsman sees and goes, "this would be just perfect as a ________."

Offline xj42

• Level 3
« Reply #12 on: 10/ 6/07 - 03:54PM »
IE blows. Get Firefox.

I tend to agree, but I've had better luck with the new site in IE.  It seems "faster" and scrolling is smoother, for me anyway.

Offline Jeepsters Wife

• Level 1
« Reply #13 on: 10/ 8/07 - 01:38PM »
Hey Whitehead once again you are the man, site looks great very impressed... is there anything you can't do!!!!  ;)

Cookie
GATE LADY SAYS!
Thumbs UP! To wheelin @ SMORR!

Ranch Rockette Says!!!
Dream as if you'll live forever......Live as if you'll die tomorrow!

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #14 on: 10/ 9/07 - 03:11PM »
I tend to agree, but I've had better luck with the new site in IE.  It seems "faster" and scrolling is smoother, for me anyway.

The scrolling in Firefox should be smooth now.   :23: