Author Topic: need help with a Ford Focus!  (Read 1192 times)

Offline TJ-2thousand

• Level 4
  • When in doubt, throttle out!!!
need help with a Ford Focus!
« on: 01/28/07 - 12:05AM »
my wifes car is a 2001 ford focus. yesterday she called and said it wouldnt start. she had a guy from her work come and try to jump it. that didnt work. i went out to her car after i got off work with a new batt. put it in and it started right up. turned it off so i could tighten the terminals and put the cover back on. got back in to start it and it just clicked. i tried a few times and got it started. this morning it started fine but her radio didnt work and her door ajar dummy light stayed on. but then when she got off tonight it just clicked again. but a jump start got it going this time. but still no radio and the dummy light.

so what is the problem (other than it being a ford)?

it does have a remote start on it that has worked perfectly for almost 3 years. could  that cause problems?

please help!!!

anybody that would be able to come out sunday night and help me, i will provide the beer! :beerchug:
CAMPING WITHOUT BEER IS JUST SLEEPING OUTSIDE!

Offline Project92YJ

• Level 3
Re: need help with a Ford Focus!
« Reply #1 on: 01/28/07 - 01:09AM »
we have owned 2 of them, one of them hd the same problem, first you might want to check the fuel cut off switch which is in the passangers kick panel. if that is not it then check you fuel pump. they are famous for going out. we had to change them in both of ours.

hope this helps

Offline TJ-2thousand

• Level 4
« Reply #2 on: 01/28/07 - 01:22AM »
thanks! atleast i have a place to start now.

Offline junkman306

• Level 1
« Reply #3 on: 01/29/07 - 09:55PM »
Sounds to like a bad connection and broken batt. cable to me.
1986 Dodge Ramcharger

Offline Pepper

• Level 1
« Reply #4 on: 01/30/07 - 03:02PM »
We have a 2000 Kona Edition Focus.  We love it and despite all the recalls, it has been a very good car.  113K and still going strong.

I am not familiar with your specific problem but if you look around HERE I'll bet you find someone else who has had the problem and solved it.

http://focusfanatics.com/

Good luck with it!
url=www.dirtyfabworks.com]http://sija.org/pepper/DirtyFabworks/Logostuff/DirtyFabworkssmall.JPG

Offline TJ-2thousand

• Level 4
« Reply #5 on: 01/30/07 - 10:52PM »
yeah ive heard the 2000s had alot of recalls. i think it is the starter. and i thinks it is messing with remote start causing all the clicking and other problems.