Author Topic: stock wrangler bumper bolts?  (Read 839 times)

Offline KDGNCOP

• Level 2
stock wrangler bumper bolts?
« on: 03/ 5/08 - 12:12PM »
Took out the bolts holding tow hooks in to bolt down small hoop on front.  They were a bear of course, but the front two bolts have nothing I can get ahold of?  I don't see how to get a nut up in there?  is there some sort of special double nut plate that slides in from the back(motor end of tow hook) to where the two bolts are secured via one another??
quot;go BIG, or go HOME!!"

Offline Bradman

• Level 4
  • II've got a buzz and a woody, and I'm ready to go!
Re: stock wrangler bumper bolts?
« Reply #1 on: 03/ 5/08 - 10:22PM »
I'm not real sure I understand your question, but here goes:
Those bolts go through the bumper, and directly into the frame, no backing nut.  Most likely you will need longer bolts, just make sure you get grade 8 bolts.
1999 TJ  2.5 inch Rancho Rockrawler lift  33inch BFG's  Loc-Rites front and rear!<br /><br />Ranch Rocker!<br />http://smorr.net/images/ranch_rockers_avatar50.png

Offline KDGNCOP

• Level 2
Re: stock wrangler bumper bolts?
« Reply #2 on: 03/ 7/08 - 11:34AM »
the po had replaced the torx bolts.  I had to use the angle grinder to get them out.  You could hear it drop on both bolts.  I am using 3 inch long 1/2 inch grade 8's.  I have a feeling that the po may have drilled the holes out somehow or something.  I guess I'll drop the ps skid and take the whole cover off and try something.  I have taken the two bolts I will need for the inside of the frame and have them spaced out with some magnum steel type putty.  I am hoping if I can get them up inside the frame from the front together then they will work together in holding one another while I put the new bolts down through...  sounds easy enough but we'll find out next week... 

quot;go BIG, or go HOME!!"