Author Topic: are yoiu going to lose power?  (Read 4653 times)

Offline OldYJ

• Charter Members
  • Level 5
are yoiu going to lose power?
« on: 01/12/07 - 11:34PM »
just thought it would be courious to see who all is still here after the weekend :bigeyes:  my power has been flickering all night , well slight dimming not realy flickering
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from
those who are willing to work and give to those who would not"
Thomas Jefferson

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
Re: are ypu going to lose power?
« Reply #1 on: 01/12/07 - 11:35PM »
Ours has been doing the same thing.  Figure i'll hang out and enjoy tv as long as it lasts.  I'm hoping we don't lose power but who knows.
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline OJTV8CJ

• Charter Members
  • Level 4
Re: are yoiu going to lose power?
« Reply #2 on: 01/13/07 - 12:24AM »
I have a tree down on the roof and the lights are flickering.  Not bad enough that I think it will go out.  I live about 2 blocks from Roger and we are on different legs.

The flickering is caused from voltage drops due to trees falling on the power lines and the lead connections getting water in them.  That is why ice is so bad is because of the expanding of water in the connections.  I have spent allot of time with CU guys at my house!!  I
I cut sheetmetal for free.  It's fixing it that get's expensive.

Offline GURU

• Law Dog
  • Charter Members
  • Level 3
« Reply #3 on: 01/13/07 - 12:36AM »
weenies :jiggy:
hose who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                     -Benjamin Franklin
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f151/DDay1/biohazard.jpg
ZERO TOLERANCE

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #4 on: 01/13/07 - 12:46AM »
Well my power has flickered a couple of times... but it's still going. Hopefully I won't have to break out the Kerosene. CU's pretty good about keeping the power on... heck, they want you to burn up that gas they just raised the price on. :agree:
EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline Big Pimpin

• Charter Members
  • Level 4
« Reply #5 on: 01/13/07 - 01:07AM »
Mine is out right now, I left the house for a while, heading back over there now.
The phrase "You almost made it" breaks a lot of things.

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #6 on: 01/13/07 - 01:22AM »
stepped outside for a bit and could hear tree branches breaking off in the distance... not really any big trees close to me, but the highline wires are saggin a bit.
EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline Jeepsters Wife

• Level 1
« Reply #7 on: 01/13/07 - 01:30AM »
I'm ready if the power goes out! I hope it doesn't but if it does I'm ready! Theres ice everywhere and the scanner is busy with droped lines cable and phone but I haven't heard of any power outage yet. Good luck all hope to see you on line tomorrow!

JW
GATE LADY SAYS!
Thumbs UP! To wheelin @ SMORR!

Ranch Rockette Says!!!
Dream as if you'll live forever......Live as if you'll die tomorrow!

Offline Care Bear

• Level 2
« Reply #8 on: 01/13/07 - 02:06AM »
Well, here in Branson we are maintaining a steady stream of water-not the freezing kind.  And, I have no fear of receiving anything detrimental.  Brad, good luck with your tree.  I hope you all are safe and warm under the covers..... Derek's kid will come this weekend WATCH :brows:
ari
When you get squeezed, the stuff that comes out, is what is on the inside.

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #9 on: 01/13/07 - 03:43AM »
Well the news said there are 15,000 without power already in the West side of Springfield and I believe OJTV8XJ is one of them.

As for the rest of us hope you all have power and heat all night.
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline Jeepsters Wife

• Level 1
« Reply #10 on: 01/13/07 - 10:56AM »
Well here is a before and after on my Smoke Tree last night around 11:40 pm I walked outside to check things out and this happened about 5 seconds after I got outside. So you could say it unfolded right in front of my eyes..... People all around us are without lights knock on wood so far we still have it. Hope it stays that way! Stay Safe!

JW

Taken November 2006 last Ice Storm.

January 2007 Ice Storm.
GATE LADY SAYS!
Thumbs UP! To wheelin @ SMORR!

Ranch Rockette Says!!!
Dream as if you'll live forever......Live as if you'll die tomorrow!

Offline OldYJ

• Charter Members
  • Level 5
« Reply #11 on: 01/13/07 - 01:59PM »
well might mine went out about 20 min. after I posted this last night. My whole hood went out at the same time tried to come back on 2 or 3 times. came back on at 11 this morning  :applaudit: to CU
I just talked with Brads wife and they are still out went down about the same time I did last night
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from
those who are willing to work and give to those who would not"
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Care Bear

• Level 2
« Reply #12 on: 01/13/07 - 07:25PM »
well... It is still raining
ari
When you get squeezed, the stuff that comes out, is what is on the inside.

Offline wheelchairman

• Level 2
« Reply #13 on: 01/13/07 - 07:31PM »
So far we still have power it was out 7 hrs last night so who knows..... trees around us are droppin like flies if the wind blows

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #14 on: 01/13/07 - 11:16PM »
Never lost power, but I did lose my internet connection for most of the day.
Went out riding around this afternoon to see how bad it was... it looks like a war zone in SW Springfield. Trees down everywhere...