Author Topic: are yoiu going to lose power?  (Read 4654 times)

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
Re: are yoiu going to lose power?
« Reply #15 on: 01/13/07 - 11:26PM »
Knock on wood ours power hasn't gone out here.  Lots of flickering but it's still up.  

Jimmy your right it looked bad out there today but I think tomorrow will look worse.  Stay warm everybody.
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline Care Bear

• Level 2
« Reply #16 on: 01/14/07 - 12:04AM »
It is still raining..... and raining and raining
ari
When you get squeezed, the stuff that comes out, is what is on the inside.

Offline wheelchairman

• Level 2
« Reply #17 on: 01/14/07 - 12:16AM »
just got it back on was out since 7

Offline wheelchairman

• Level 2
« Reply #18 on: 01/14/07 - 10:16AM »
power was on all last night but the trees had a bad night

we had a couple trees hit the house but no damage

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #19 on: 01/15/07 - 10:20AM »
Well our power went out in wave 3 of the storm but came back up this morning.
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline wheelchairman

• Level 2
« Reply #20 on: 01/15/07 - 01:09PM »
same here we were out from 4 yesterday to 8 this morning

Offline DrLewall

• Level 2
« Reply #21 on: 01/15/07 - 01:47PM »
Am curious as to how many of the folks without power have backup heat source, such at a wood stove/fireplace etc? Luckly our pwr has stayed on down here and it usually doesnt during a storm like this. When we have lost power in the past, we have used the wood stove to cook on and nuttin smells better than breakfast cookin on a wood stove! Except maybe apple butter simerin on the wood stove!
DrLewall
"Doc"

Offline Bradman

• Level 4
  • II've got a buzz and a woody, and I'm ready to go!
« Reply #22 on: 01/15/07 - 06:32PM »
Our power is still on in Branson.  But We were/are ready if it does go out.  I've got a wood stove that heats the house real well, and plenty of water if the electic goes out.  

You're right Doc, nothing better than cooking on a wood stove!

:bsflag: I just have to make sure Gwin splits enough wood for me to make it through the day before she goes to work!  LOL :bsflag:  :bsflag:
1999 TJ  2.5 inch Rancho Rockrawler lift  33inch BFG's  Loc-Rites front and rear!<br /><br />Ranch Rocker!<br />http://smorr.net/images/ranch_rockers_avatar50.png

Offline iJeep

• Level 4
« Reply #23 on: 01/16/07 - 05:16PM »
We lost power Friday night and got it back sometime Monday afternoon...I was surprised it was out that long.  Our house got down to 42 degrees.

All of our family lost power except for my sister, who lives in an apartment.  My brother who lives in Walnut Grove was told it could be 2-3 weeks before he gets power back.

Now, our home phone went out today (Tuesday).

Offline Liberty03

• Level 3
« Reply #24 on: 01/16/07 - 08:09PM »
I never lost power at my place, but my shop still has no power.  I was really lucky.

Offline OldYJ

• Charter Members
  • Level 5
« Reply #25 on: 01/17/07 - 10:10PM »
its kinda funny watching how the number of yes is steadly growing. mine went out fri. night came on sat. morning went out at 5pm sunday night and came back on tue morning. my grnd parents have been out since fri night I finaly got them convinced to take a heater I had tonight. but they said no way to a generator, to afraid some one would steal it naw thats  :bsflag:

side note: I was told today by a fellow club member that lows had 170 some odd genarators brought back due to the fact they quit working it turns out that you need to put oil in them, who would have thought :biggrin:
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from
those who are willing to work and give to those who would not"
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Bradman

• Level 4
  • II've got a buzz and a woody, and I'm ready to go!
« Reply #26 on: 01/18/07 - 10:35AM »
Motors require oil?  When did this come about?

"It worked great for a while, but then it made this knocking sound, then it just quit.  I don't know what is wrong."
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!
1999 TJ  2.5 inch Rancho Rockrawler lift  33inch BFG's  Loc-Rites front and rear!<br /><br />Ranch Rocker!<br />http://smorr.net/images/ranch_rockers_avatar50.png

Offline OJTV8CJ

• Charter Members
  • Level 4
« Reply #27 on: 01/18/07 - 01:51PM »
I have been out since Friday night about 11.  I have a wood stove that we used for a couple of days, and then stayed a night at my Uncles in S. Springfield to do laundry/drink coffee.  I then got a generator and am currently using it to run the house.  So we have power when I am there.  One limb fell on the house but Roger/Tom/Aaron helped me drag it off.

I would like to say that some of us have relied on other club members for some stuff during this and am very thankful for the help.  I tried to help when I could but have been wiring generators and replacing mine (generally busy as hell).  It wasn't because I didn't put oil in it tho.  I will tell that story later.
I cut sheetmetal for free.  It's fixing it that get's expensive.

Offline LibertyPatriot

• I vote for BACON!
  • Charter Members
  • Level 5
  • Web Wheeler!
« Reply #28 on: 01/18/07 - 03:13PM »
I was without power from Friday 9pm to Tuesday 11pm.  Our community water tower ran out of water and they didn't have a generator to pump water, but the cell phone tower on top of the water tower had a generator to run it...  :bsflag:

I'm on Empire Electric and it's a little frustrating that the media doesn't give updates on anything but City Utilities.  I was listening to 100.5 The Wolf at work and the guy was kind of giving Empire a hard time because he called a local Empire office in Aurora and she gave him another phone number for the corporate office in Joplin.  He gave some smart ass remark about not wanting to know about Joplin and gave the number out on the radio for everyone to call.  He could have saved Empire a lot of hassle by calling the number himself and getting the update and giving it out over the air.  What a dumbass!

I've got a wood INSERT IGNORE in the fireplace so it burns a little more efficient than and open fire box, but without the heatalator blowing, it doesn't heat the whole house well.  The back bedroom was at the coldest at 47*.

We're doing fine now though... no cable modem yet... so I'm checking things out from work.

Keith
I'd put something funny here, but you probably wouldn't get it anyway...

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #29 on: 01/18/07 - 05:06PM »
I only lost power Sunday night around 11:00p for maybe 2 hours... that is the only time I have been out. I have been without Internet access since Friday which is like a shot in the leg to my freelance business... but I am not complaining, at least I've had electricity, my sentiments go out to you who have had to deal with the blunt of all this since Friday.
EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.