Author Topic: Education Level  (Read 4689 times)

Offline Care Bear

• Level 2
Re: Education Level
« Reply #15 on: 01/21/07 - 08:11PM »
Dbox, can't you tell we are some pretty smart people around here :headpop:
ari
When you get squeezed, the stuff that comes out, is what is on the inside.

Offline DBox

• Level 1
« Reply #16 on: 01/21/07 - 08:20PM »
I figured out a long time ago that ya'll are smarter than most people around here. That's one reason we're hoping to move out there ASAP.
avid Box "Real Jeeps are built, not bought."  And I'm still building this one!

Offline DrLewall

• Level 2
« Reply #17 on: 01/21/07 - 09:54PM »
HEY! You can't fool me! I'm ignorant!  :applaudit:
DrLewall
"Doc"

Offline junkyard

• Level 4
  • GO BIG OR GO HOME!!!!!!
« Reply #18 on: 01/22/07 - 08:55AM »
I are edumacated in the aRmd forses...hehe shooot Big guns, blow stuf uP
for rock crawling info and events   go to   www.rockcrawlinginfo.com

Offline redneck_punk

• Level 2
« Reply #19 on: 01/22/07 - 09:07PM »
We all have to have some brains in our heads most all of us have a jeep of some sort.
t's a Jeep NOT a sheep get off my tail!!!!!!!!

Offline OldYJ

• Charter Members
  • Level 5
« Reply #20 on: 01/22/07 - 10:29PM »
Quote from: "Jeep loving cityboy"
We all have to have some brains in our heads most all of us have a jeep of some sort.

I am not sure but I think the jury is still out on that one
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from
those who are willing to work and give to those who would not"
Thomas Jefferson

Offline farmboy

• Level 3
« Reply #21 on: 01/23/07 - 03:12PM »
CB - you tell others not too take things so offinsive, maybe try doing the same thing yourself sometime.  last night for instance. this thread. doc's thread.  i don't get mad.  i'm just a smart ass like everyone else.

And as far as this area being filled with smart people.  I don't know about that.  I got my bachelor's and I'll be the first one to admit the only kinda smarts i have is a smart  ass :peace:

NO OFFENSIVE - hope you enjoy the area.  can't wait to meet ya and wheel with ya
Be quick to listen, slow to speek and slow to anger!!

Offline Care Bear

• Level 2
« Reply #22 on: 01/24/07 - 02:01AM »
Well, since this is an education related thread, I thought I would Hi-jack it for a moment and update those of you who know and have kept up with my recent opportunity at higher education.

I have been accepted to the "school above all other" photography schools.  Hallmark Institute of Photography.  Well, I have been crunching numbers, looking at my long term plan, and talking with other photographers/Hallmark alumni.  I spoke with a graduate, from last years class, and he is successfully running a photography studio on the east coast but....  He made his first loan payment this month.  (He has 15 years of similar payments to go.)  Approx. $600.00 a month.  His sweet wife is working outside the home and studio in order to make rent payments and all other living expenses. Well, needless to say God bless em!

Since I am single and have no sweet person to pay for my living expences while I try and make a go of the "big photography dream",
I have been researching other avenues of education and have found a couple of really great programs closer to home.   So, in the next couple of weeks I will be driving over to Oklahoma to check out two other options.  If I like them, the thought is I may need to move soon to establish residency before I start school in the fall. This means I could come home on weekends to wheel, keep my hair stylist (which a lot of women can appreciate) and be home for hollidays rather than veiw from afar... Massachusettes.

While I am positive that some of you don't care, I just wanted to keep those of you who have asked and know up to date.  Thanks for letting me hi-jack.
ari

Offline DBox

• Level 1
« Reply #23 on: 01/25/07 - 12:57AM »
Care Bear, that's a lot to think about. I hope it works out for you. Ole Miss is located here and I heard a young lady say once that she went to school here to be a school teacher and made less that she spent on clothes while she was a student here. Kinds sad.
avid Box "Real Jeeps are built, not bought."  And I'm still building this one!

Offline Care Bear

• Level 2
« Reply #24 on: 01/25/07 - 01:08AM »
That is not kinda sad that is REALLY sad.  :bigeyes:  I am pretty much alone in this world and have to think about the big picture.  I hope she had family to cheer her on and help. I think educators need to be paid better. Is she still  paying for the clothes, and the education and being paid poorly....they wonder why so many people go bankrupt?
ari

Offline LibertyPatriot

• I vote for BACON!
  • Charter Members
  • Level 5
  • Web Wheeler!
« Reply #25 on: 01/25/07 - 10:38AM »
Quote from: "Care Bear"
....they wonder why so many people go bankrupt?

Most people go bankrupt because they've made bad financial decisions, or illness/ tragedy, not because they chose the wrong career or one that doesn't pay well.  I'm no financial genious, I have all kinds of CREDIT available to me, but no cash to speak of and that's my fault.
I'd put something funny here, but you probably wouldn't get it anyway...

Offline OJTV8CJ

• Charter Members
  • Level 4
« Reply #26 on: 01/25/07 - 01:02PM »
Quote from: "LibertyPatriot"
Quote from: "Care Bear"
....they wonder why so many people go bankrupt?

Most people go bankrupt because they've made bad financial decisions, or illness/ tragedy, not because they chose the wrong career or one that doesn't pay well.  I'm no financial genious, I have all kinds of CREDIT available to me, but no cash to speak of and that's my fault.

People go bankrupt to avoid living up to their responsibilities.  I screwed up my credit a couple times but have always paid my debts.  If you understand how financing works you know that there is always a way to meet your obligations.  I think that it is used too much to just "write off" debt.  There are reasons and situations where bankruptcy is the only option but many times it is like Keith said the fault of bad decisions.

FWIW -- I have a buddy that is pissed because he is spending all this money to have a generator for a couple of weeks, but he still drives a 2 year old truck and his wife has a 1 year old vehicle.  Or like the lower income people on welfare complaining about all the money that they are spending but have a 50" plasma and the newest gaming console.  Change your priorities and you will have less to bitch about.

Woo - this soapbox is taller than I thought.
I cut sheetmetal for free.  It's fixing it that get's expensive.

Offline Care Bear

• Level 2
« Reply #27 on: 01/25/07 - 02:03PM »
I wasn't really female_dogging it.  :damnmate:  I understand the whole "It was your own decision" factor.  I am just relating to the cost of education versus what you make when you get out....thus the recent decision to change where I will get my degree.  I have a business plan worked out in my head but, when I was crunching numbers and making plans to move, I realized as a single person I won't be able to live comfortably and pay my student loan back at the same time. (OK, maybe I was whining a little :biggrin: )

As far as the comment about her not making enough....it is the opinion of many; educators make far to little for the work they do.  If I had been in that situation I would have gone to school naked and not bought all of those clothes but, the choice is personal and ones own responsibility-I do agree with that.  I myself do pay back my debts an have made plenty of mistakes.  I am not judging anyone.  Just making conversation that obviously stepped on a few toes. So, Brad you can come down off your box now I appologize :flee:
ari

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #28 on: 01/25/07 - 03:10PM »
I'd like to ad this for all those people who have trouble typing or spelling...

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht frist and lsat ltteer is at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by itslef but the wrod as a wlohe.

so who nedes to wrory abuot spellnig corrtecly  :agree:

TEACHER! ... leave them kids alone!
EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline OJTV8CJ

• Charter Members
  • Level 4
« Reply #29 on: 01/25/07 - 03:16PM »
AHHHHH - quit apologizing!!!!!  Your opinion about teachers and public servants is correct.  They get paid squat.  I think that our society is seriously screwed when a pro athlete gets multi millions for playing a game and teachers get next to nothing.  We trust our kids to people for their education and then tell them they are not worth very much.  It is the standard that we set unfortunately.  It is the same ole song about that.

The problem is kinda like the military - some jobs people do because they "have" too, not for the pay.

But, if you know that your not going to get paid enough to cover your debts then make different choices and make it work.  Don't buy a crap load of clothes, graduate and then file backruptcy because you chose the wrong career.  Do exactly what you are - look at all options and choose the best one.  I applaud you for having the foresight to look to the future for your decisions now.

Naked school - interesting concept. LOL
I cut sheetmetal for free.  It's fixing it that get's expensive.