Author Topic: Wiring 4.3 in samurai  (Read 1325 times)

Offline justinb417

• Level 1
Wiring 4.3 in samurai
« on: 03/31/08 - 11:59PM »
I'm working on a 2001 vortec 4.3 swap in my samurai does anyone know what I need to do with the wiring. I have a complete blazer that the motor is out of so what all do I need from it. Also what do I need for a tranny I was wanting to use the samurai t-case. Thanks 

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
Re: Wiring 4.3 in samurai
« Reply #1 on: 04/ 1/08 - 12:57AM »
we do have a few sammi guys here on the boards... hopefully they'll post up and help you out... if not you can try on http://smorr.net or http://kczuks.com

EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline OJTV8CJ

• Charter Members
  • Level 4
« Reply #2 on: 04/ 1/08 - 11:14AM »
Call John's 4x4 in Billings.  They will know exactly to do with your wiring.
I cut sheetmetal for free.  It's fixing it that get's expensive.

Offline last boyscout

• Level 1
« Reply #3 on: 04/ 5/08 - 01:50PM »
with any motor swap you have to answer a few questions.  what do you want to take and what do you want to keep.  i don't know anything about samis.  lighting up the steering column and ignition shouldn't be a problem.  but what gauges are you going to use?  if you're keeping the sami's gauges are they mech or run off the cpu?  since you have the whole donor take everything before you part it out.  in my 4.0 swap i took every wiring harness.  i would take all wiring, steering column, and speedo cluster.  that way if you find out that the sami componets wont work easily with the 4.3.  just swap in the stuff from the 4.3.  good luck
STEP 1: BUILD IT
STEP 2: BREAK IT
STEP 3: REPEAT

Offline ford381stroker

• Level 3
« Reply #4 on: 04/10/08 - 11:48PM »
two of my favorite sites.  plenty of reading on there

zukikrawlers.com
kczuks.us

both will have info and links to where you need to go.  i had a 4.3 Vortec in one that I parted out last year.  you will really enjoy the power of the 4.3 in the sammi.