Author Topic: Help with a Scrambler  (Read 860 times)

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
Help with a Scrambler
« on: 04/29/08 - 12:24AM »
I'm posting this up for a guy who emailed me. If someone can help him out please do.

Howdy,  I need some help, I have a nice 1981 CJ8 Scrambler that developed a leak in its gas tank.

I ordered a new gas tank, sending unit, filter and a new vent hose and filler hose from 4WD Hardware, everything fit fine, except the hoses, about 3 inches too short. !!!!!

They looked the same as the old ones, so the old ones were cut off by the mechanic.

4 WD says that they cant get the correct hoses that no one makes em.

So I have been looking for a gas filler with longer necks. the stock 81 scrambler neck is about 4 1/4  inches when you measure from the inside flange.

I need a filler that is about 3 inches longer.  No one can come up with the hoses or filler neck.

I'm stuck with a nice Scrambler that I cannot drive, 4wd  Hardware ain't gonna do nothing

I found a used filler neck down in texas from collins jeep, 100 bill, they said it would work and it was  consideralbly longer, but they would not let me return it for a refund if it did not fit, then they decided to keep it.

Help, need some help, Tom Gantt 417-846-6500     Been working on this the past 3 weeks.

EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline TanYJ

• Level 4
Re: Help with a Scrambler
« Reply #1 on: 04/29/08 - 07:37AM »
Can't you just go to a parts store, buy bulk hose & cut it to the proper length?
J-ust.................It's
E-mpty.............Hip
E-very............To be
P-ocket.........[-]====[-]
.....The second mouse gets the cheese.....
"Skinny models, you can keep those..I like big corn-fed mid-western ho's"

Offline CRAZY LARRY

• Charter Members
  • Level 3
Re: Help with a Scrambler
« Reply #2 on: 04/29/08 - 09:52AM »
you can use exaust pipe to bent it to shape or cut the old one and use a hose to make it longer.
« Last Edit: 04/29/08 - 09:56AM by CRAZY LARRY »
Zombie brains; smells like fish taste like chicken.