Author Topic: Need help again lol  (Read 1335 times)

Offline x6xdemonx6x

• Level 2
Need help again lol
« on: 05/10/08 - 06:35PM »
so i got a samurai now and i need to put a new third member in which i have and know how to do the problem is i can't budge the passenger rear axle to remove it i have tried all kinds of things to avail if anyone wants to give me a hand i could use it...I was thinking maybe if i anchor the drivers side to a car and the hook up the passenger side to another and give it a jolt it would break free problem is i need the other vehicles to do it.
Dude......I don't think thats gonna buff out.<br /><br />That ain't rust...Their custom lightening holes.

Offline last boyscout

• Level 1
Re: Need help again lol
« Reply #1 on: 05/10/08 - 06:48PM »
i only see one thing wrong with your plan.  you forgot to say "Hold my beer and watch this."  using a vehicle to remove something like a tree etc.  never works out the way you plan.  it usually ends up costing you more money.  my 2 cents.
STEP 1: BUILD IT
STEP 2: BREAK IT
STEP 3: REPEAT

Offline x6xdemonx6x

• Level 2
« Reply #2 on: 05/10/08 - 06:54PM »
yeah well after breaking a slide hammer bending the back plate with a 2 1/4 ton jack draging it sideways across a parking lot and beating on it for hours on end i am out of ideas
Dude......I don't think thats gonna buff out.<br /><br />That ain't rust...Their custom lightening holes.

Offline x6xdemonx6x

• Level 2
« Reply #3 on: 05/10/08 - 06:59PM »
and out of patience lol

Offline TJ-2thousand

• Level 4
  • When in doubt, throttle out!!!
« Reply #4 on: 05/10/08 - 07:59PM »
so you are just trying to remove the axle shaft? is there not any kind of retainer, or C clip holding it in? where are you at?
CAMPING WITHOUT BEER IS JUST SLEEPING OUTSIDE!

Offline x6xdemonx6x

• Level 2
« Reply #5 on: 05/10/08 - 08:02PM »
no retainer or c clip just 4 bolts on the brake backing plate and slide it out drivers side popped right out.

Offline x6xdemonx6x

• Level 2
« Reply #6 on: 05/10/08 - 08:40PM »
sorry got sidetracked and missed the part where you asked where i am i am in central springfield on jefferson right next jarret middle school

Offline Fierogld

• Level 3
  • climbin trees
« Reply #7 on: 05/10/08 - 10:27PM »
a friend of mine had that problem with his sammi and he had to torch off the bearing retainer and then it was off...i think you might be able to heat it up and get a bigger slide hammer.
My 2 cents
LATA
Ryan
I like jeeps!!!

Offline x6xdemonx6x

• Level 2
« Reply #8 on: 05/10/08 - 10:50PM »
lol its a pretty big slide hammer that i am using right now.  if i had a torch i could see that working