Author Topic: Newbie  (Read 1572 times)

Offline scooty1

• Level 1
« on: 11/10/10 - 07:34AM »
I just got a 99 wrangler this last saturday. Hopeing to maybe get with some people, learn, do some rides sometime.

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
Re: Newbie
« Reply #1 on: 11/10/10 - 07:49AM »
Welcome to the site.  There isn't as much going on this time of the years as far as trail runs because of the holidays.  Just keep an eye on the trail rides section for upcoming events.
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline scooty1

• Level 1
« Reply #2 on: 11/10/10 - 07:51AM »
Okay will do thanks. I marked the meeting on my calendar for december. Hopefully I can make that.

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #3 on: 11/10/10 - 08:01AM »
The meetings are usually good for getting to know people.  Most of us are there half our early to B.S.and saty after for a while for the same reason. 

Oh if you come to meeting don't be surprised if there aren't many jeeps, about 2/3 of us drive tow rigs.
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline scooty1

• Level 1
« Reply #4 on: 11/10/10 - 08:11AM »
What is a tow rig?

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #5 on: 11/10/10 - 08:37AM »
The vehicle we use to tow our jeeps on trailers to events.  A lot of members drive there jeeps everyday, but there is a large number like myself who drive 3/4 ton diesels and only drive our jeeps when we want to.

Offline scooty1

• Level 1
« Reply #6 on: 11/15/10 - 11:04AM »
is there all different ages in this club? I am 49

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #7 on: 11/15/10 - 11:49AM »
Yes we have members from 18 to well over 60.

Offline Mo Printer

• Club Members
  • Level 3
« Reply #8 on: 11/16/10 - 07:22AM »
Welcome Scooty1.  FYI - the club is having a run to SMORR this Saturday.  Doing some trail cleanup, as well as running some of the trails.  This would be a good time to meet some members, get involved in a club function, and have some other Jeeps to drive the trails with.  I'm on a mission to get my new axle installed (damn, it sure takes longer than you'd think!) in time for the weekend.  If it happens, I'll be in the '05 Red LJ (NOT the real nice one, that's the Paxton's!), mine is the one that has all the corners and panels rubbed on, & tube fenders.
Hope to see you there! (Steve Vestal).
Mo Printer