Author Topic: Powder Coating  (Read 1762 times)

Offline Martinez

• Club Members
  • Level 4
Powder Coating
« on: 02/17/11 - 03:54PM »
I am looking at getting some rocker guards that are bare metal so I need to paint them.  Is there anyone in town that can powder coat them?  What kind of $$ would that be?

Thanks!
-Chris
Take it out and play with it!

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
Re: Powder Coating
« Reply #1 on: 02/17/11 - 06:52PM »
I recommend Blasters in Nixa, they aren't the fastest but do quality work at a reasonable price.
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline OJTV8CJ

• Charter Members
  • Level 4
« Reply #2 on: 02/21/11 - 11:06AM »
Call CMC Prep in Nixa.  When I was building stuff it was under 60 bucks to have a set done.  Just make sure they are blasted and clean.   
I cut sheetmetal for free.  It's fixing it that get's expensive.

Offline Martinez

• Club Members
  • Level 4
« Reply #3 on: 02/21/11 - 02:34PM »
Thanks for the info guys, I'll look into them!

Offline 90finder

• Level 3
« Reply #4 on: 02/21/11 - 08:56PM »
CMC is the place to go too! I have used them to powder coat so many things and everytime I have been more than happy! They have done my BMW wheels, Avalanche wheels, EXO, sliders, and bumpers for my Nissan, beadlock rings, multiple parts for my kawi, and they even did some ceramic exhaust coating. They do quality work forsure!
1993 Pathfinder - SAS, 37's, EXO, and some other junk....

Offline scooty1

• Level 1
« Reply #5 on: 03/24/11 - 11:10AM »
I have also had good luck with speedys in Ozark.

Offline Martinez

• Club Members
  • Level 4
« Reply #6 on: 03/24/11 - 12:03PM »
I decided to rattle can them instead.  I called around for some quotes and it was going to cost just as much to powder coat them as the actual guards cost.  I figured that if I spray painted them I can touch them up much easier when I scratch them, and I already have!!

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #7 on: 03/24/11 - 07:36PM »
That's why I always spray paint.  Plus when the paint comes off it doesn't leave a missing chunk like powder coat seems too.
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato