Author Topic: SMORR Forums  (Read 1627 times)

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
SMORR Forums
« on: 09/26/06 - 12:25PM »
Looks like I am going to be pluggin some forums into the new SMORR website I am currently working on.

While I do not want to duplicate anything or take away from our forums here, I need ideas for board topics.

So far I have come up with:
    General Discussion
    This will be just what it says... [/list]
      Events
      A place to dicuss events, past and present.[/list]
        Trail Talk
        I thought this would be great to have each trail listed underneath, and people could discuss the trail, how hard it is, damage they got, the fun they had... yadda yadda.[/list]
          For Sale
          Items for sale categorize by make (eg. Jeep, chevy, ford..etc).[/list]

Any ideas greatly appreciated. Remember this will be boards for all 4x4'ers.

Thanks.
          EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
          • Jeep @ Disney
          Re: SMORR Forums
          « Reply #1 on: 09/26/06 - 12:28PM »
          You may want to add something like a Tech Talk or something for people who need help with busted parts.

Aaron
          Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline TanYJ

• Level 4
          « Reply #2 on: 09/26/06 - 02:19PM »
          Seperate from "Trail talk" it needs a ""trail conditions" thread.  To allow for updates on overgrowth, mud, ruts, bypasses, etc.
          J-ust.................It's
          E-mpty.............Hip
          E-very............To be
          P-ocket.........[-]====[-]
          .....The second mouse gets the cheese.....
          "Skinny models, you can keep those..I like big corn-fed mid-western ho's"

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
          « Reply #3 on: 09/26/06 - 03:33PM »
          Thanks guys.. keep em coming!
          EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline Project92YJ

• Level 3
          « Reply #4 on: 09/26/06 - 03:57PM »
          trail pics

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
          « Reply #5 on: 09/26/06 - 04:35PM »
          There will be a gallery in the site, but it will be separate from the forums.

forums are for readin
          galleries are for seein

Offline big ride

• Level 1
          « Reply #6 on: 09/27/06 - 01:30AM »
          Good ideas here, so far..... Jimmy, what about a (SMORR only) calendar stating the hours of operation, weekends that they are open, (kinda like what you have at their current site), but have it where people can post up their non/organized runs, trail clean up days, work days, etc., etc.?

Another thought, concerning the "map of the place idea", is there any way possible to get a topo. map of it, so that when people look at the map online, they can see the variety of terrain? Some people might think that it is all flat, that aren't familiar w/ the area to begin with. Just my .02 worth, that's all.
          Keep up the good work!
          "the difference between breaking with a D44 and a Rockwells is, both can be broken, but whatever you did to break the Rockwells is gonna be worth having on video...."

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
          « Reply #7 on: 09/27/06 - 01:35AM »
          Yeah, good ideas Chad, I have a calendar plugged in already... and it should be for events and what not at SMORR only, I agree.  

As far as the Topo.. I have the TOPO USA CD's for my Garmin GPS... so I am sure I can come up with something. I'llcheck it out.

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
          « Reply #8 on: 09/27/06 - 01:37AM »
          ps. you should visit Doctor CJ at Heritage Jeep in Ozark, he'll fix that burning thing for ya.   :agree:

Offline RoknTJ

• Level 2
          « Reply #9 on: 09/28/06 - 04:19PM »
          Quote from: "ISO"
          There will be a gallery in the site, but it will be separate from the forums.

forums are for readin
          galleries are for seein

Still, I'd recommend a picture forum.  (People love pictures)
          A place to post pictures provided, not by the park, but by the ones who pay to play.

"multi-Media" forum
          announce press releases and related items.  Commercials, mag articles, news ads, etc.

And just a recommendation, stay away from tech for now.  If a need arises later, make it, but people aren't gonna be scrolling your forums for tech advice, they will be scrolling for trail advice.  The local and national clubs can provide the extras.

One more to consider along with trail conditions is:
           trail maintainance.  
          Schedule for trail building and maintainance.
          MOROC - It's Where The Action Is
          Extreme Off Road Racing
          http://www.morocracing.com
          314-974-5337

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
          « Reply #10 on: 09/28/06 - 06:14PM »
          Still, I'd recommend a picture forum. (People love pictures)
          A place to post pictures provided, not by the park, but by the ones who pay to play.

Trying to make this as maintenance free as possible and am just building a  basic site. Remuneration for maintenance, updates, additions, extras... has not been worked out. This could be a feature at a later time and I think it would be cool.

"multi-Media" forum
          announce press releases and related items. Commercials, mag articles, news ads, etc.

I think this can be accommodated in the Events section. There is a SMORR Events... and then Other Events in which other parks/clubs can post their events to that.

And just a recommendation, stay away from tech for now. If a need arises later, make it, but people aren't gonna be scrolling your forums for tech advice, they will be scrolling for trail advice. The local and national clubs can provide the extras.

I agree with this in full. I want the forums to be related to the park... and not re-invent the wheel so-to-speak, by adding boards that are readily available eslewhere.

One more to consider along with trail conditions is:
          trail maintainance.
          Schedule for trail building and maintainance.

Schedules will be accommodated in the Calendar, which is tied to the Events forum.

Thanks for everyones input!

Jimmy