Author Topic: Has anybody been to Ozark Dodge..........  (Read 1031 times)

Offline junkman306

• Level 1
Has anybody been to Ozark Dodge..........
« on: 11/ 1/06 - 05:28PM »
and seen the white 05 wrangler with 33's for sale? It's nice. I was wondering if it was worth the price they want for it.
1986 Dodge Ramcharger

Offline Mo_Corley

• Level 1
Re: Has anybody been to Ozark Dodge..........
« Reply #1 on: 11/ 1/06 - 05:58PM »
Check the underside thoroughly.  And make sure it has a Dana 44 rear axle under it.  It might have the d35 and those like to go boom.  Find out what lift brand it has on it, too.  You don't want a cheap-o lift that either rides like crap or has saggy springs.

I normally would avoid already lifted vehicles.  You never know what kind of person owned it before and what they might have jerry-rigged.

Offline junkman306

• Level 1
« Reply #2 on: 11/ 1/06 - 06:49PM »
Very true. It looks good. I can't afford it, but I like the way it sits and looks. Darren don't you home make everything for yours? I could probably buy it if I traded my truck, but I'm gonna wait to see if I can get the cherokee from my dad.
1986 Dodge Ramcharger

Offline Mo_Corley

• Level 1
« Reply #3 on: 11/ 1/06 - 08:15PM »
I don't neccessarily homemake everything.  I usually just get a good idea of what I want and put on paper for someone to make it for me.  The one thing I actually did myself from scrap was my belly skid.  All I had to do outside the garage was take it downtown to someone who had a brake press to bend it.

Have you decided for sure whether you want a cherokee or wrangler?  Both are very different vehicles to build and wheel.  I think wranglers are easier to modify due to more aftermarket support and having a frame, but I love the longer wheelbase of a cherokee.  I tried an obstacle in Chad's jeep once but it felt odd to me and I couldn't time my throttle and braking just right.  Kinda like I was sitting right on top of the rear axle.

Offline junkman306

• Level 1
« Reply #4 on: 11/ 1/06 - 08:39PM »
I like cherokees better, but I like the convertible capabilities of the wrangler. I'll probably get a cherokee when I do buy one.
1986 Dodge Ramcharger

Offline Mo_Corley

• Level 1
« Reply #5 on: 11/ 1/06 - 09:02PM »
I have seen convertable cherokees.  You could make yours one :devdude:  :brows:

Offline junkman306

• Level 1
« Reply #6 on: 11/ 1/06 - 09:29PM »
True. I think i'll wait til I roll it a few times.  :bounce:
1986 Dodge Ramcharger