Author Topic: Nov 6-8th in Disney--Christian Clubs Run  (Read 652 times)

Offline daveoffroad

• Level 1
Nov 6-8th in Disney--Christian Clubs Run
« on: 11/10/09 - 08:07AM »
CORA is a small Christian Club out of Wichita, Ks. I had met a couple of their guys and 1 came to the 2009 Crawl 4 Christ. They planned a club run to Disney on Nov 6-8th and invited C4X4.COM to come and anyone else that wanted to make the trip. I put the word out with a several of my group and a couple other Christian Clubs.

Well we had a Great turn out. We had 32 4x4 rigs show up and around 55 people. We all stayed @ Green Country Christian camp which is where we had the Crawl 4 Christ. They are great to work with an give us a great price on rooms and dorms. AND REMEMBER THE WHEELING IS FREE @ DISNEY.

WE had a lot of carnage, 3 busted leaf springs, 1 roll over and busted out windshield and on engine HYDRO locked. But the was a lot of fun.

CORA lead us in a nice worship service and a short devotional. One of their customs is to do big breakfasts and we sure put on a feed on Saturday and Sunday both..

The Cora club had 11 rigs show up. This was the biggest turnout they had ever had of their people. The Christian Crawlers out of N. W. Ark. also had 11 rigs and us OKIES had 10.

Was sure a Great Time. We will have a story up on the even on next months issue along with some action from the Disney Challenge Race that took place on Friday morning on the rocks.
David Austin<br />WWW.C4X4.Cpm

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
Re: Nov 6-8th in Disney--Christian Clubs Run
« Reply #1 on: 11/10/09 - 11:55AM »
thanks for the update.. wish I could have made it down on to Disney, but my Jeep is undergoing some moderate surgery. Look forward to seeing the photos. Will be at the Crawl for Christ in June...
EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline daveoffroad

• Level 1
Re: Nov 6-8th in Disney--Christian Clubs Run
« Reply #2 on: 11/10/09 - 12:26PM »
I should have a few pics up in a few days.  We had a pro photographer the and I am waiting to get his.  I didn't get too many as I stayed busy most of the time helping people work on their rigs.  We did have a 2 hour recovery out of Little Blue with a 1 ton Chevy busted a leaf spring and set the steering box down on the spring locking the steering in a hard left and the axle floating.

used 4 winches.  Note the one behind at the bottom that keep it from turning over and one behind my Big Yeller rig to keep the rear end on the ground.  We could not take it one through little Blue because the driver front was jammed back into the fender well.  Tried lifting it up with my winch but had no luck.
David Austin<br />WWW.C4X4.Cpm