Author Topic: I got yer #@w&!n' CARB problems!  (Read 646 times)

Offline TanYJ

• Level 4
I got yer #@w&!n' CARB problems!
« on: 07/23/06 - 09:05PM »
I just spent almost 3 hours screwing around with that blasted Weber on my 6-banger.  I set it at least 6 different times & ran it up & down the 35deg hill in my front yard.  I got so frustrated, i finally gave up, and mowed the grass.  Afterward,  i called the ol' lady at work & asked very nicely if she would bring me a new 3 nipple fuel filter home from Pep Boys.  I put in the new filter, reset the carb yet again exactly the way it told me to in the directions, and the strangest thing happened........It ran, and didn't die, and let me use my hand throttle with the greatest of ease, and actually IDLE up and around our yard.

But this is the rest of the story.....

Me being the curious sort, i grabbed my trusty hacksaw, split open the old filter & found this:

Besides the fact that it was clogged from crappy gas, if you look real close, those are wings, yeah, a big BUG was actually inside the fuel filter.  Go figure.  I hope that fixed my fuel problems?  I need to go try it someplace soon, so who would be up for a mild run, soon?
J-ust.................It's
E-mpty.............Hip
E-very............To be
P-ocket.........[-]====[-]
.....The second mouse gets the cheese.....
"Skinny models, you can keep those..I like big corn-fed mid-western ho's"