Author Topic: November Club Run  (Read 4058 times)

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
November Club Run
« on: 09/14/12 - 10:32AM »
We are planning a trip to Farmington Missouri November 2-4th.

There will be a group leaving Springfield at 6:30 AM on Nov 2nd. 

This is roughly a 4 hour tow/drive at the speed limit with 1 fuel stop.

http://www.washitaoffroadtrails.com/

The park has everything for stock jeep and built jeeps along with a very scenic over look.  There are hotels in Farmington about 7 miles away, and at this point several of us plan on camping at the park.
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
Re: November Club Run
« Reply #1 on: 10/14/12 - 09:34PM »
I booked hotel rooms for this one for Friday & Saturday.  Not sure who's planning on camping. 

Is anyone planning on leaving after work Friday?
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline mrfast

• Director of Photography
  • Level 4
« Reply #2 on: 10/15/12 - 08:23AM »
I made hotel reservations as well, as it stands right now, leaving sometime after noon.

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #3 on: 10/15/12 - 09:27AM »
Prelim plan is to leave early, however I won't know for certain until it gets closer.

Offline Martinez

• Club Members
  • Level 4
« Reply #4 on: 10/15/12 - 10:59AM »
I made my hotel reservations yesterday.  I am off that Friday so I can leave at any time.
Take it out and play with it!

Offline mrfast

• Director of Photography
  • Level 4
« Reply #5 on: 10/25/12 - 06:59PM »
Who else is planning on going???

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #6 on: 10/25/12 - 07:52PM »
So far here is the list I have from talking to everyone at Disney.

Clint & Jen
Myself & Anna
Chris Martinez
The Groves
Bill & Michelle

At this point it looks like I won't be able to leave until roughly 1PM on Friday.

Offline Mo Printer

• Club Members
  • Level 3
« Reply #7 on: 10/26/12 - 09:16AM »
We're leaving early Friday morning, and camping at Washita.  Mr. Safety is doing the same.
Mo Printer

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #8 on: 10/26/12 - 09:40AM »
Awesome we are staying at Super 8 (no camper budget this year).  Look forward to seeing you guys there.  It may be a last minute scramble for me, pulling trans this weekend and dropping it off MOnday for rebuild by Kirk.

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #9 on: 10/29/12 - 03:31PM »
I'm really looking forward to this one... wish the group was bigger but it will be fun none the less. 

Dropped the transmission off today for a complete rebuild.... likely be down to the wire on being ready.

Offline Mo Printer

• Club Members
  • Level 3
« Reply #10 on: 10/29/12 - 03:45PM »
I'm pumped for this run.  Never been to Washita.  Maybe I can keep my Jeep on all 4 for this trip (after rolling it on V-Notch yesterday!)  For details, just ask 'Mr. Safety' (aka, My Cry Baby Passenger!).  And remember kids,  seat belts are your friend!!
Mo Printer

Offline Martinez

• Club Members
  • Level 4
« Reply #11 on: 10/29/12 - 04:48PM »
I'm pumped for this run.  Never been to Washita.  Maybe I can keep my Jeep on all 4 for this trip (after rolling it on V-Notch yesterday!)  For details, just ask 'Mr. Safety' (aka, My Cry Baby Passenger!).  And remember kids,  seat belts are your friend!!

I sure hope you got some pics or video of that!!

Offline Martinez

• Club Members
  • Level 4
« Reply #12 on: 10/29/12 - 04:49PM »
I'm really looking forward to this one... wish the group was bigger but it will be fun none the less. 

Dropped the transmission off today for a complete rebuild.... likely be down to the wire on being ready.

I sure hope it will be quick!

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #13 on: 10/29/12 - 04:51PM »
Luckily the guy doing it is a wheeler as well and I think he knows how much I want to make this trip so he's pulling out all the stops.

Steve where are the pics?  I hope he didn't rip his arm off AGAIN.

Offline Mo Printer

• Club Members
  • Level 3
« Reply #14 on: 10/30/12 - 10:58AM »
Luckily the guy doing it is a wheeler as well and I think he knows how much I want to make this trip so he's pulling out all the stops.
Not only that, but Kirk is going with us!  'Mr. Safety' is hauling his Poison Spyder for him on my big trailer.  I do know that you're job is his highest priority right now.
There are pictures of the roll over and recovery, but I didn't take them - I was trapped inside!
'Mr. Safety' has some good ones!

Mo Printer