Author Topic: 04 Wrangler doors  (Read 1412 times)

Offline fcubguy

• Level 1
04 Wrangler doors
« on: 06/17/08 - 05:51PM »
I recently bought an 04 Wrangler and the full doors have never been removed.  i cannot get them to budge.  Any ideas or anyone who can get them off??

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
Re: 04 Wrangler doors
« Reply #1 on: 06/17/08 - 05:57PM »
Did you take the nuts off the bottom of them?  There are 2 on each door on the bottom of the hinge.  If those are off, it usually works best to twist them forward and back while lifting up.  Make sure you are as far forward on the door as possible when lifting up to reduce the chance of tweaking anything.
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline mike4089

• Level 2
« Reply #2 on: 06/17/08 - 05:59PM »
on the TJ's there is a nut on the end of the stud that slides into the door hinge...i would imagine its the same on the new ones...if thats off and they stil dont come off the pull up on the door while swinging the door back and forth...sometimes when my cj doors get stuck i have to do that and it always works

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #3 on: 06/17/08 - 07:23PM »
yeah, they will be good and stuck if never taken off before. We had a hard time getting my neices doors off of her 2004... lube them up with some PB or WD40 and do what the others said.
EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline OJTV8CJ

• Charter Members
  • Level 4
« Reply #4 on: 06/17/08 - 07:34PM »
It's easy!!! :)

I cut sheetmetal for free.  It's fixing it that get's expensive.

Offline fcubguy

• Level 1
« Reply #5 on: 06/17/08 - 11:16PM »
last week when they would not budge I sprayed them with lube.  I did have the nuts off.  Tonight I took off the nuts again and after some wiggling, tugging and lifting up they finally moved.  Worked them some more and off they came.  Didn't have to use the blow torch.  Will lube them up when I put them back on.  What a difference driving without the doors!!  Thanks