Author Topic: New guy from Fort Leonard Wood  (Read 1630 times)

Offline jdmitchell

New guy from Fort Leonard Wood
« on: 06/15/12 - 12:04PM »
Just bought a 1988 YJ to have fun with my kids when we go fishing and do some light wheelin'. It has a crate 4.2 (9,000 miles ago), TF999, 2 inch body lift and 1 inch shackles. It also came with some tired stock springs, but NO rust!  I look forward to getting out and meeting you guys.  Camping at Flat Nasty on the 23rd is a possibility if there are turnouts around the difficult areas.

Here is my son trying to get back in after we got back from his first ride.

Offline jdmitchell

Re: New guy from Fort Leonard Wood
« Reply #1 on: 06/15/12 - 03:42PM »
A little about me, I have four children and a great wife.  Been in the Army for 12 years and am in the process of getting out due to medical reasons.  Look forward to meeting you guys next weekend down at FlatNasty.  I will have the best co-driver ever, he just tells me "bumpy road!"  He loves riding motorcycles and anything with an engine and wheels.

Offline mrfast

• Director of Photography
  • Level 4
« Reply #2 on: 06/15/12 - 05:37PM »
Looking forward to meeting you and your co-driver at the park!

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #3 on: 06/16/12 - 06:58PM »
You are welcome to join us as is your codriver! 

Before we hit the trails that morning we will break up into groups for different difficulty.  Just make sure you get with a similar group and don't be afraid to ask questions!  We all do.

It's sure to be a great trip!
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline jdmitchell

« Reply #4 on: 06/17/12 - 12:08AM »
Thanks guys, I am really looking forward to this weekend away with my son. 

See ya Friday!

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #5 on: 06/17/12 - 01:05AM »
Please do make sure that you 4wd works as well as you have gas in your tank and air in your spare tire.  See you there!
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline gjgoodale

• Level 3
  • ZMBR8D
« Reply #6 on: 06/17/12 - 10:24PM »
Looking forward to seeing you at the trail this weekend
Check the OJT Facebook page<br />http://www.facebook.com/groups/ozarksjeepthing/

Offline jdmitchell

« Reply #7 on: 06/21/12 - 05:46AM »
Please do make sure that you 4wd works as well as you have gas in your tank and air in your spare tire.  See you there!

Check, check, and the spare tire/carrier will be put on later today since the previous owner is dropping everything off that wasn't on the Jeep when I bought it. 

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #8 on: 06/21/12 - 08:57AM »
Good deal.  If not you can always strap it in the tub.