Author Topic: Going to be a new Jeep owner  (Read 7477 times)

Offline Requiem

• Level 1
Re: Going to be a new Jeep owner
« Reply #15 on: 05/16/06 - 01:18AM »
Just ignore the guys jumping on you for using caps.  

I have to add, that's kinda a harsh introduction to a prospective Jeeper... jumping all over him for that kind of stuff.

Anyway... good luck in your search for a Jeep.  They're the greatest vehicles out there, and even if you find out that this one isn't for you, there are always others.  Took me a while to find one that fit me, and I plan on having it for years and years to come.  I wouldn't have any other vehicle.
omplex - Admin at MoJeepin.com
The Duke - '95 YJ Rio Grande (sold)
Chief - '98 Cherokee Classic

Offline HVACMASTER

• Level 3
« Reply #16 on: 05/16/06 - 08:38AM »
SINCE WHEN DID ALL THE JEEPERS BECOME SO PC.  IF YOU COULDN'T HEAR OR UNDERSTAND ME, YOU ALL ARE COMING ACCROSS LIKE A-HOLES :bsflag:

Offline LibertyPatriot

• I vote for BACON!
  • Charter Members
  • Level 5
  • Web Wheeler!
« Reply #17 on: 05/16/06 - 10:16AM »
Quote from: "HVACMASTER"
SINCE WHEN DID ALL THE JEEPERS BECOME SO PC.  IF YOU COULDN'T HEAR OR UNDERSTAND ME, YOU ALL ARE COMING ACCROSS LIKE A-HOLES :bsflag:

:moon:
I'd put something funny here, but you probably wouldn't get it anyway...

Offline mjsteiro

• Level 1
« Reply #18 on: 05/16/06 - 10:17PM »
Personally, I would not like the oil pressure problem.  I recently bought a xj with 4.0 and it had low oil pressure, and went wheeling two times.  Well needless to say now I am replacing motor.  The oil pressure went to nill.  The motor had 197k on it.  Just trying to warn you.  I am not telling you not to buy it, just trying to keep you from spending an extra $400 to $600 for used motor.

:bigeyes:
othing but skinny pedal!!!

open front, welded rear, 31" LTB's

It may be small but I can still get it UP!!
 Ranch Rocker!!!

Offline mudmonster

• Level 1
« Reply #19 on: 05/31/06 - 05:12PM »
WELL - I BOUHGT THE JEEP AND IT IS TITLED AS A 96

DIDNT BOTHER TAKING IT TO A MECHANIC - MY DAD ORDERED A CRATE 383 VORTEC FOR IT  PLANNING ON DYNATRAC AXLES ATLAS AND 700R4 ON 44S  SO DONT WORRY ABOUT ME

SCHOOL IS GOOD AND JUST WAITING TO GET A PLACE TO PUT IT TOGETHER MY MOM SAID THAT I CANT WORK ON IT IN HER NEIGHBORHOOD BECAUSE OF THE COVENENTS  THINKING OF RENTING A SHOP OR GARAGE

L8R

Offline Fierogld

• Level 3
  • climbin trees
« Reply #20 on: 06/ 1/06 - 12:45PM »
Man i wish i was as much a "poor college student" as you....hope you like to wheel....BTW welcome to the disease. :beerchug:
I like jeeps!!!

Offline rubicon54

« Reply #21 on: 06/ 2/06 - 02:32PM »
Give the kid a break, at least he seems to have found the light and getting out of the geo. :beerchug:

Offline Fierogld

• Level 3
  • climbin trees
« Reply #22 on: 06/ 2/06 - 05:52PM »
So is it a YJ(square headlights) or a TJ (round Headlights).  cause thats all that matters  who cares if it was made in 96... either way its still a jeep :cool:
I like jeeps!!!

Offline mudmonster

• Level 1
« Reply #23 on: 06/ 3/06 - 01:40AM »
IT HAS ROUND HEADLITES AND I GUESS THAT THAT MAKES IT A TJ  YEAH ALREADY SOLD THE GEO BECAUSE I HAD A 3.1 GRADE POINT AVG AND MY DAD TOLD ME THAT IF I KEPT IT ABOVE A 3.0 THAT HE WOULD BUY ME A CAR I AM KNOW DRIVING A

THIS PICTURE IS JUST ONE THAT I STOLE FOR MY DESKTOP I DROPPED MY CAMERA IN THE WATER IN CANCUN ON SPRINGBRAKE AND CANT AFFORD TO REPLACE IT RIGHT NOW

BUT LIFE IS GOOD

Offline Fierogld

• Level 3
  • climbin trees
« Reply #24 on: 06/ 3/06 - 07:11PM »
that wont make it very far in the rocks....maybe if you lift it and put some 33 at least. :biggrin:  definately has enough engine...seriously nice car tho.  all i get for keeping good grades is more dang skool.
BTW i PMed you
I like jeeps!!!

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #25 on: 06/ 3/06 - 10:31PM »
What year are you in college?  

How drunk did you get?  If I remember correctly it's springbreak not SPRINGBRAKE....

What are you using to connect that 700R4 to the axles?  OR are you going 2wd?
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline junkyard

• Level 4
  • GO BIG OR GO HOME!!!!!!
« Reply #26 on: 06/ 4/06 - 08:16PM »
i think i might have just looked for a totaled tj and went from there, but if the money is good run with it.

id say heck with the expensive 60s and just throw rocks under it with willwood brakes on each corner and call it good. thats alot of dough for 60s front and rear. like 6k for them..   i can get rockwells for around 850-950 a pair almost all day long if you decide to go that route.

and its always fun to cut on a newer jeep tub that someone just got.  love the cutting wheel and nibbler action!!!!!    lol
for rock crawling info and events   go to   www.rockcrawlinginfo.com

Offline mudmonster

• Level 1
« Reply #27 on: 06/ 5/06 - 12:24AM »
Quote from: "toyotagrl"
What year are you in college?  2nd

How drunk did you get?  If I remember correctly it's springbreak not SPRINGBRAKE.... TOUCHE AND REALLY DRUNK BUT I STILL REMEMBER A BLONDE......

What are you using to connect that 700R4 to the axles?  OR are you going 2wd?  YEAH 2WD ON 44S GENIUS  GOT ATLAS

Quote from: "junkyard"
id say heck with the expensive 60s and just throw rocks under it with willwood brakes on each corner and call it good. thats alot of dough for 60s front and rear. like 6k for them.. i can get rockwells for around 850-950 a pair almost all day long if you decide to go that route.

I READ THAT ROCKS ARE HEAVY AND THIS WILL SEE SOME STREET TIME  BASICALLY I AINT PAYING FOR IT AND I WANT THE BEST STUFF THE AXLES WERE CLOSE TO 7200 FOR 2 STEERING AXLES AND I HAVE TO BY THE HYDRAULICS TO CONTRL THEM

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #28 on: 06/ 5/06 - 12:41AM »
Well have fun spending your parents money.  

I hope you do learn something when you build it, or else you'll become one of those people who block the trails because they have no idea how to change something as simple as a u joint to get themselves going again.  

But hey don't worry there are plenty of us that enjoy pulling a huge built jeep up the trails.    :agree:

See you on the trails someday.
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline junkyard

• Level 4
  • GO BIG OR GO HOME!!!!!!
« Reply #29 on: 06/ 5/06 - 10:00PM »
well i agree with toyota guy, at least learn how to do trail repairs, cause it looks bad having to have a huge jeep pulled. its only ok after you have thrashed it and broke a bunch of stuff.

rocks arent much heavier than 60s, less exspensive. i would recommend you researching more before you yell weight and hydraulic steering, cause youll need it with the 60 also. to turn the 44s.

well keep us posted, i need parents that will let me spend that kind of dough.
for rock crawling info and events   go to   www.rockcrawlinginfo.com