Author Topic: Ball Joints  (Read 1665 times)

Offline Bradman

• Level 4
  • II've got a buzz and a woody, and I'm ready to go!
Ball Joints
« on: 10/ 6/07 - 11:29PM »
I've got a ball joint going /gone bad.  It is even makeing a popping sound from time to time.  how bad is it to wheel it this way, if i don't have a chance to change it out befor 4xfest.

What is the worst case that could happen to me?
1999 TJ  2.5 inch Rancho Rockrawler lift  33inch BFG's  Loc-Rites front and rear!<br /><br />Ranch Rocker!<br />http://smorr.net/images/ranch_rockers_avatar50.png

Offline TJ-2thousand

• Level 4
  • When in doubt, throttle out!!!
Re: Ball Joints
« Reply #1 on: 10/ 6/07 - 11:52PM »
worst case??? :o

your front tires would fall off, ripping your axle off, then you would end over down double whammy 13 times.

but i think you will be ok :101:

CAMPING WITHOUT BEER IS JUST SLEEPING OUTSIDE!

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #2 on: 10/ 6/07 - 11:59PM »
Worse thing that could happen is you break it on the first day and can't find a replacement till Monday. That would bite. As far as damage to your Jeep. that's a loaded question... depends on what part of the trail your on... say Ranch Road, it breaks... you pull over your fine. Say coming down double whammy... it breaks.. you steer one way the jeep goes the other, you roll over, hurt eugene and kill yourself.  :o 

EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #3 on: 10/ 7/07 - 12:08AM »
How bad is it?  Can you see a lean to the tire?

If it breaks it can be bad, busted brake line, tire leaving vehicle, etc.
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #4 on: 10/ 7/07 - 01:09AM »
well I think we have been very helpful in this post. Wouldn't you agree? Look like general consensus is that you should fix it and join the dozens of others spending jack on their rigs before Fall4xFest. :23:
EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline OldYJ

• Charter Members
  • Level 5
« Reply #5 on: 10/ 7/07 - 01:22AM »
I say do what you have to to fix it. especialy if you are going to be running around alone taking pics. that would(could ) end badly
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from
those who are willing to work and give to those who would not"
Thomas Jefferson

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #6 on: 10/ 7/07 - 01:24AM »
I say do what you have to to fix it. especialy if you are going to be running around alone taking pics. that would(could ) end badly

Indeed. Just fixitman. At least it is an easy fix.

Blueyellow

« Reply #7 on: 10/ 7/07 - 10:31AM »
Run Ball Joints are over rated LOL

Offline Bradman

• Level 4
  • II've got a buzz and a woody, and I'm ready to go!
« Reply #8 on: 10/ 7/07 - 05:56PM »
So what you're saying is as long as I stay off double wammy, I'll be just fine.......thanks for the help guy's!

I'll see if Gwin will let me have the money to fix em.......
1999 TJ  2.5 inch Rancho Rockrawler lift  33inch BFG's  Loc-Rites front and rear!<br /><br />Ranch Rocker!<br />http://smorr.net/images/ranch_rockers_avatar50.png

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #9 on: 10/ 7/07 - 10:09PM »
I thought you were hauling from the last BOD meeting to get it fixed ??

but yeah, stay away from Double WHammy.

Offline OldYJ

• Charter Members
  • Level 5
« Reply #10 on: 10/10/07 - 01:06AM »
Brad always remember,loose is bad,Tight is good!!!!!3/16 or less nothing to worry about.
 1/4" or more be aware of it.1/2"or more I dont want to be anywhere near you.(Your jeep)
                      Phil :)
:253_deadly:
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from
those who are willing to work and give to those who would not"
Thomas Jefferson