Author Topic: AX15 SWAP  (Read 1461 times)

Offline BIGGRHAMMR

• Level 1
AX15 SWAP
« on: 11/28/07 - 02:34PM »
In case anyone is interested, I just finished putting an AX15 behind a 2.5 4cy.  If you?ve ever considered this swap, but weren?t sure of the issues involved, I?d be glad to answer any questions.  I?ll only have it this way for about another 6 months, as I?m preparing to put a diesel in.  Just wanted to have all my driveshafts made to length way ahead of time, so I can get it all done in a weekend.  Also, I?ll be rebuilding the AX5 that I took out, if anyones interested in it.  The NP231 will be available also, as the spline count won?t work with the AX15. (The diesel will ba a Cummins 3.9 turbo)

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
Re: AX15 SWAP
« Reply #1 on: 11/28/07 - 02:46PM »
I'm glad to see your making headway on your project man. 

I'm awaiting the pics of it with a cummins in it.  Then you need to bring it around in person so we can all marvel at it. 
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline BIGGRHAMMR

• Level 1
« Reply #2 on: 11/28/07 - 03:04PM »
Aaron:  About the best I could do right now is start the engine up on the trailer it's mounted to.  But I do that quite often just to here it run.

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #3 on: 11/28/07 - 03:16PM »
When are you planning on tackling the swap itself?  Don't forget pics.
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline BIGGRHAMMR

• Level 1
« Reply #4 on: 11/28/07 - 03:26PM »
Not sure, I have to make my motor mounts first.  I want to get them perfect ahead of time so that there's no issues when the time comes.