Author Topic: Best way to remove the rear wheel skirting when I install my Bushwacker pockets?  (Read 1402 times)

Offline Ultramag

• Level 2
I just got my Bushwacker pocket flares last night for my '06 Unlimited and I had time to put the front ones on and hope to put the backs on later today.  Apparantley, I have to remove the well skirting before installing the rear flares.  What is the best way to remove the skirting without breaking the plastic screws that hold it into place?  If I break these, can I buy new ones to put back into the holes without buying the new shirts also?

Offline TJ-2thousand

• Level 4
  • When in doubt, throttle out!!!
just pry a small flat blade between the skirt and the plastic fastener. then once you got it out a little use some plyers to pull em out. or you can just rip the skirt out and leave it out like i did.
CAMPING WITHOUT BEER IS JUST SLEEPING OUTSIDE!

Offline OJTV8CJ

• Charter Members
  • Level 4
The best way is to buy the tool to do it.  They sell it at O'Reilly's as a upholstry fastener removal tool or something like that.  I bought one a while back, because I was tired of breaking them when I did the screwdriver trick.  It is cheap to buy and works real good.
I cut sheetmetal for free.  It's fixing it that get's expensive.

Offline Ultramag

• Level 2
I bought the tool and it worked great and I got the rear flares on.  Thanks!!

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
post up some pics!
EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline Ultramag

• Level 2
Here are a few pics.  In the last couple of months I have put on Warn Rock Crawler bumpers, Warn rock sliders, mile marker winch, KC lights on the windshield, replaced the factory fog lights with the KC lights to match the ones on the windshield, added hussky floor liners and put on the Buschwacker flares.

Offline TJ-2thousand

• Level 4
  • When in doubt, throttle out!!!
CAMPING WITHOUT BEER IS JUST SLEEPING OUTSIDE!

Offline Jeeper guy

• Level 3
  • OINK
Thoes are pretty neat, they add a since of beefyness.  :320_weights:
« Last Edit: 02/24/08 - 02:02PM by Jeeper guy »
First you crawl, then you walk, then you drive, then you crawl again....

Offline Ultramag

• Level 2
Thanks!!  I definitely like the looks of them better then the painted factory fenders that I had before and these give a little more tire coverage.  The tires still stick out about 1-2 inches past the flares but I like the looks a lot more.

Offline SCRAMBEAR

• "Life's an obstacle,get over it"
Those are my favorite flare.....I really want a set for my Scrambler.Looks like you did a great job.
                                        Cheers,Vinny
"LIfe's an obstacle....get over it '!!