Author Topic: bead locking alum. wheels  (Read 955 times)

Offline TJ-2thousand

• Level 4
  • When in doubt, throttle out!!!
bead locking alum. wheels
« on: 03/17/08 - 07:40PM »
is there anywhere local that can add bead locks to alum. wheels?
CAMPING WITHOUT BEER IS JUST SLEEPING OUTSIDE!

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
Re: bead locking alum. wheels
« Reply #1 on: 03/17/08 - 09:12PM »
You just need to go to a welding shop that can weld aluminum. Try Advanced Welding & Mfg Inc on Kansas Expressway... just south of Chestnut.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=l&hl=en&geocode=&q=welding&near=Springfield,+MO&ie=UTF8&z=13&iwloc=G

EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline LibertyPatriot

• I vote for BACON!
  • Charter Members
  • Level 5
  • Web Wheeler!
« Reply #2 on: 03/18/08 - 03:50PM »
There may be a few more steps involved besides walking in and saying you want bead locks on your wheels.

Do you already have the weld on rings and outer locks?  Do you want the outer bead cut off on a lathe first?  Depending on what setup you're going with, it may be cheaper to just buy beadlock wheels already setup.
I'd put something funny here, but you probably wouldn't get it anyway...

Offline highsociety

• Level 4
« Reply #3 on: 03/18/08 - 03:53PM »
CHampion out of california does it for $125 a wheel.  If it were me I would check into staun beadlocks since they do both sides and are street legal.  Can run any rim you want on run with 0 lbs of pressure.  I love mine.
2009 Sponsors:
S&S Auto, Staun, Corbeau, Clayton Offroad, Edmonds Dental Prosthetics, Kching, Indian Ridge Resort, Ballzout Lifstyle, John's 4x4, Brown Dog Industries

SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND!!!

Offline TJ-2thousand

• Level 4
  • When in doubt, throttle out!!!
« Reply #4 on: 03/18/08 - 09:44PM »
well all of these things are what im trying to figure out. im wanting to get 17" wheels of a dodge magnum, but if its going to cost too much i will just get stauns or an off the shelf set. i just liked the idea of a unique whhel like that.

thanks for the comments.
CAMPING WITHOUT BEER IS JUST SLEEPING OUTSIDE!