Author Topic: Thanks for today!  (Read 2706 times)

Offline big ride

• Level 1
Thanks for today!
« on: 09/17/06 - 01:45AM »
Hello, one and all....
 My name is Chad (big ride, the one in the cowboy hat, helping out on the trail).
 I just wanted to join in on the fun here, and start by saying what a group you have here. Today was a lot of fun, and looking forward to some more time at the 'ranch', hopefully whenever some of you go back, I'll have the wiring done in the pavillion, and you/we can all enjoy it!:beerchug:
------
 On another note, I'd like to show you all what I'M used to being around.
Too many Ford mods done to it, to list here on a Jeep forum page! lol... But this is/was my pride 'n joy, it was stolen approx. 2 months ago (long involved story there), and no...... I don't have it back yet, they know who did it, and they are all behind bars (for life, apparently)!
 If you have seen this truck around the greater Springfield area, or rural areas for that matter, PLEASE let me know. I'd appreciate it.

1996 Ford....

"the difference between breaking with a D44 and a Rockwells is, both can be broken, but whatever you did to break the Rockwells is gonna be worth having on video...."

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
Re: Thanks for today!
« Reply #1 on: 09/17/06 - 01:57AM »
Hey Chad,

It was great having you around today. I'm sure everyone else would agree. Glad I got to bounce you around in my Jeep for a bit. Look forward to riding some more with you. Come on out anytime we're running, there's alway an open seat or two.  :cool:

Jimmy
EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline kylec5381

• Level 1
« Reply #2 on: 09/17/06 - 01:57AM »
do they know where the truck even is, cause i would bet if they cant find it, then the guys who stole it parted it out, this has happened to me, i of course got payed back for it, after a couple of years, through their restitution, but i have always gotten attached to projects, one good thing is that i got my one ton axles and 38's back, had to go to 19 miles north of the texas border to get em but i did get em, and no i never located anything else, and did not get the amount if money it was worth back, sorry to here bout ur loss :hanged: em all
5 shortbed chevy 9 inches higher on 36 inch TSL's and 327c.i.

Offline big ride

• Level 1
« Reply #3 on: 09/17/06 - 02:05AM »
Thanks Jimmy, believe it or not I actually enjoyed getting "passed around" from rig to rig,lol. Rubi did grat man! wtg :boink:
--
Kyle. No they don't know where it's at, but they have various "leads" that it is still here, locally. Who really knows. My insurance adjuster has gone over everything, and even w/ a folder full of pics, and receipts for every nut and bolt that is not factory Ford issued, his final tally is no where NEAR what was expected, but then again is it ever? BAH!! We're trying to hold out as long as possible, until the many law enforcement agencies that are involved w/ this give me the final 'say-so' as to whether or not it is able to be recovered.
"the difference between breaking with a D44 and a Rockwells is, both can be broken, but whatever you did to break the Rockwells is gonna be worth having on video...."

Offline kylec5381

• Level 1
« Reply #4 on: 09/17/06 - 02:13AM »
i wish you luck on getting it back buddy, but in all honesty it aint lookin good, and we arent the only ones who have had this problem, some get luckeyer than others, but it seems like i always fall into the not so lucky ones catagory, but i just keep my head high and keep on keepin on
5 shortbed chevy 9 inches higher on 36 inch TSL's and 327c.i.

Offline Bradman

• Level 4
  • II've got a buzz and a woody, and I'm ready to go!
« Reply #5 on: 09/17/06 - 08:36AM »
Chad, it was GREAT to have you with us.  Especialy when I didn't have enough lead in my a** to push the handle on the high-lift! LOL
1999 TJ  2.5 inch Rancho Rockrawler lift  33inch BFG's  Loc-Rites front and rear!<br /><br />Ranch Rocker!<br />http://smorr.net/images/ranch_rockers_avatar50.png

Offline ROCKY

• Charter Members
  • Level 3
« Reply #6 on: 09/17/06 - 10:01AM »
Did they tell you the guys name that stole it? I had a truck stole 3yrs ago. The guy said he did it. They found his ID in it. And he still has got time over it. I got it back in 2 days. After the fact that he so nicely layed it on it's side in a big ditch and tore my tranny out. I'm just saying I probley know the guy who stole your truck. The is a good size ring going on in SPG..Springfield has 64 cars stole a month.

Offline HVACMASTER

• Level 3
« Reply #7 on: 09/17/06 - 12:26PM »
It was a blast having you with us, and great to see old high school buddies.  Even if it reminds us how old we actually are.  Thanks for breaking in my high lift.  Look forward to see you on the trails again.

Offline JEEP Lovin Cowgirl

• Level 4
« Reply #8 on: 09/17/06 - 12:39PM »
Hi, and welcome...sorry I didn't get to meet up with you...was having a garage sale (again) and Benji had to end up building a puppy pen for Our new mommy Zoey and her beautiful 9 American Bulldogs (7 girls, 2 boys) and I'm so sorry to hear about your truck.  It is beautiful.  I am a ford girl at heart and that will never change even though I live for Jeepin....had a 79 Ford XLT Lariat 4x4 that was my baby and hated to see it go, but cest la vie. Hope to meet you next time around.  If you need help with the electrical, just holler at Benji...he's got all the time in the world to help out...day or night 872-7432.  He'll be happy to help.
Amy~
"75% of the planet is covered by water.
The rest is covered by Jeep!"

www.jordanessentialsrep.com/9274
Jordan Essentials~Bath, Body & Spa

Offline JacksFork

• SMORR
  • Club Members
  • Level 3
« Reply #9 on: 09/17/06 - 04:25PM »
Yea....i found my woods race buddie :applaudit:
Ready to woop some A$$ :beerchug:

Brandon
SOUTHERN MISSOURI OFF ROAD RANCH
http://www.smorr.net

CHECK OUT OUR FACEBOOK FAN PAGE!!
http://smorr.net/facebook

Offline big ride

• Level 1
« Reply #10 on: 09/17/06 - 06:33PM »
Quote from: "JacksFork"
Yea....i found my woods race buddie :applaudit:
Ready to woop some A$$ :beerchug:

Brandon

You bet man! Put me in the game coach!!!
Just think B, if there's any trees in the way, (depending on their size), I'll mow 'em down like toothpicks for ya'!  :banghead:

(I thought that was Rob's seat, no???)
Also, Brandon.... I think that if this goes down as planned, that we should literally HOOK UP again, and go over some communication skills on winching, and whatnot? Not that it is going to be needed anyways!! buwhaha

Offline mjsteiro

• Level 1
« Reply #11 on: 09/17/06 - 10:08PM »
Hey Chad... very sorry about your rig....very beautiful!!

Note to B:  If ever a navigator, Chad would be my pick!

Mike
othing but skinny pedal!!!

open front, welded rear, 31" LTB's

It may be small but I can still get it UP!!
 Ranch Rocker!!!

Offline JacksFork

• SMORR
  • Club Members
  • Level 3
« Reply #12 on: 09/17/06 - 11:07PM »
No Big Ride your my man :beerchug:

Ya well get together and do some practice runs( not on the course, but around the park )

Well set up a time....

Later man

Brandon
SOUTHERN MISSOURI OFF ROAD RANCH
http://www.smorr.net

CHECK OUT OUR FACEBOOK FAN PAGE!!
http://smorr.net/facebook

Offline BrandXJ

• Level 1
« Reply #13 on: 09/18/06 - 04:50PM »
Hey, Chadmeister!!
 Good to see ya post mang!
Folks, Chad is a go-to guy. Ive worked with him off and on for several years and he is good people. I've watched the evolution of the Greenie Meanie for a while and Chad definately loves to wheel. All eyes are lookin out for your baby Chad and hopefully we can get her back home. If you need to get hold of me shoot me a PM or call me at 935-9437 to get the rest of the stuff done at the park.

Later dude'
 Scott  :cool:

Offline big ride

• Level 1
« Reply #14 on: 09/18/06 - 11:35PM »
Hey there Scott,
 Thanks for the kind words.. (blushes).. Yeah the big green machine needs to return home, but so far it's not looking too good. BAH! As far as the work at the ranch left to do.... there are 3 floods to hang over the portable stage, 2 wallpacks (1 at each end of the pavillion), and pigtail the AC unit in the office.
 You've already seen the wire for the RV slips, now there's more! not much, but it was free just like the rest. lol As soon as the rest of the material is purchased, there'll need to be aNOTHER workday planned. This might involve a larger group of people. Oh yeah, Scott.... too bad there isn't a way to coax one or two of the apprenticeship classes at the hall into coming down to help, it would be a learning experience for them, and maybe reward them in some kinda way? hint hint: backwoods journies? hmm    :driving: