Author Topic: Anyone know a good welder?  (Read 1477 times)

Offline x6xdemonx6x

• Level 2
Anyone know a good welder?
« on: 01/31/10 - 07:32PM »
noticed today that my front shackle looked bent(wouldn't suprise me since i flopped it yesturday) on closer inspection though it would appear that a weld in the mount broke.  I got a pretty good idea on how to fix it but no welder and my welding skills aren't to great so thought i would ask if anyone would be willing to weld it up for me.  Charging the battery in my camera then i will get a pic up but looks like it will actually be a pretty quick and easy fix. I'm in republic
« Last Edit: 02/ 1/10 - 12:05AM by x6xdemonx6x »
Dude......I don't think thats gonna buff out.<br /><br />That ain't rust...Their custom lightening holes.

Offline x6xdemonx6x

• Level 2
Re: Anyone know a good welder?
« Reply #1 on: 01/31/10 - 09:47PM »
heres a picture of what i'm talking its a bad but i couldn't seem to get any to come out better. It's still driveable and tracks straight and probably will never actually break but its cause my shackle to sit a little cockeyed and just bothers the heck out of me.

Dude......I don't think thats gonna buff out.<br /><br />That ain't rust...Their custom lightening holes.

Offline goldswim5

• Level 2
« Reply #2 on: 01/31/10 - 11:42PM »
Doesn't look like it's in a hard place to get to, unless the pic isn't good. I know plenty of people here, including me, have welders.

Offline x6xdemonx6x

• Level 2
« Reply #3 on: 01/31/10 - 11:59PM »
its really not a hard place especially since i dont have the front bumper on it right now i think if you raised the jeep and supported the frame and let the springs sag then maybe hook a come along to it or figured out a way to work a jack in there right you could pull the shackle over so it is straight agian and put in a new weld really wouldn't take much work.
« Last Edit: 02/ 1/10 - 12:06AM by x6xdemonx6x »

Offline x6xdemonx6x

• Level 2
« Reply #4 on: 02/ 1/10 - 12:16AM »
now that i think about you could probably use my bumper jack and a block or 2 of wood to straighten it back out.

Offline goldswim5

• Level 2
« Reply #5 on: 02/ 1/10 - 12:52AM »
Yeah that shouldn't be to bad then. I'd offer to help out with it, but I'll be really busy the next couple days. If no one else has done it by then I may be able to.

Offline x6xdemonx6x

• Level 2
« Reply #6 on: 02/ 1/10 - 01:33AM »
alright i'll give you a shout if no one else offers up in a few days then

Offline x6xdemonx6x

• Level 2
« Reply #7 on: 02/ 1/10 - 09:26PM »
so anyone else think they can help out?

Offline x6xdemonx6x

• Level 2
« Reply #8 on: 02/ 2/10 - 12:27PM »
nvm got it fixed thanks though