Author Topic: Snow Wheeling?  (Read 2114 times)

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
Snow Wheeling?
« on: 01/31/11 - 08:05PM »
So who else's first thought when they heard blizzard and 18" of snow was " I need to throw the jeep back together for snow wheeling" assuming I don't have to work.

Anyone??
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline mrfast

• Director of Photography
  • Level 4
Re: Snow Wheeling?
« Reply #1 on: 01/31/11 - 10:00PM »
Snow wheeling is what I thought of also! Now I don't want to slide into any tree's but we love running the back roads, busting through the snow and looking around

Offline CRAZY LARRY

• Charter Members
  • Level 3
« Reply #2 on: 01/31/11 - 10:32PM »
if we get 18". come on out to my house if you can.
Zombie brains; smells like fish taste like chicken.

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #3 on: 02/ 1/11 - 03:45PM »
Clint and I voted for snow wheeling saturday, but looks like we will now be working.
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #4 on: 02/ 1/11 - 04:25PM »
Went out for a while playing around on some back roads and a few off roads. Got back to Springfield and pulled 2 people out. Love having a Rubicon DD again; its amazing how many people have no sense when it comes to driving in the snow. Working in garage this afternoon on the RL2
EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline OldYJ

• Charter Members
  • Level 5
« Reply #5 on: 02/ 1/11 - 04:37PM »
lol I can officially put a Toyota recovery vehicle sticker on the jeep now. pulled a prius out of the cult a sac. dude had a 5in ground cleance and out in 5in of snow
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from
those who are willing to work and give to those who would not"
Thomas Jefferson

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #6 on: 02/ 1/11 - 04:48PM »
haha. I know, one woman I helped was sitting in the middle of Golden and Republic, low clearance and bald tires... she was stopped at the light and when it turned green she had no traction to plow snow and make it across.  ::) She was glad to have help. Other guy was in a ditch bad, like to never got him out... I need a winch.
EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #7 on: 02/ 1/11 - 09:10PM »
I drug a mustang about a mile and a 2wd 3/4 dodge out of the parking lot.  Good times, to bad the jeep isn't out and about.

The cummins pulls them out like a champ.

Offline CRAZY LARRY

• Charter Members
  • Level 3
« Reply #8 on: 02/ 1/11 - 09:17PM »
on my dodge the front end wouldn't kick in and a halfton ford tried the pull in up the hill out here and couldn't so went home and got the jeep pulled it up real easy.now to dry out the vac. line on the dodge,
Zombie brains; smells like fish taste like chicken.

Offline Track3

• Charter Members
  • Level 2
« Reply #9 on: 02/ 3/11 - 02:48PM »
I pulled BigA(Adam) out yesterday. No big deal except it was his Semi Tractor. I had the Excursion thank goodness! Lol!

Offline hilly

« Reply #10 on: 02/ 3/11 - 08:23PM »
got the XJ out and had a BlasT!! loaded up my two boys and the wife and hit some drifts
"Blessed are the peacemakers for they shall be called the children of God"

Offline draykas

• Level 1
« Reply #11 on: 02/ 4/11 - 08:38PM »
love driving the jeep in the snow and winch is on way 10000lb synthetic line for 450 :-D
2018 jeep wrangler unlimited Rubicon

Offline RedRock

• Level 1
« Reply #12 on: 02/ 5/11 - 05:33PM »
What brand/model of winch there draykas?

I need to get one for when I put my ARB bumper on. I've been pulling people out all this week. I'm going to need some new tow ropes!