Author Topic: Got some new shoes!  (Read 1161 times)

Offline TJ-2thousand

• Level 4
  • When in doubt, throttle out!!!
Got some new shoes!
« on: 02/15/11 - 02:30PM »
Just got the jeep a new set of tires and wheels!

CAMPING WITHOUT BEER IS JUST SLEEPING OUTSIDE!

Offline mrfast

• Director of Photography
  • Level 4
Re: Got some new shoes!
« Reply #1 on: 02/15/11 - 02:52PM »
Looks good, How about some details? Size? where did you get them? Good buy?

Offline TJ-2thousand

• Level 4
« Reply #2 on: 02/15/11 - 03:01PM »
Tires are 33x12.50 General Grabber MT.
Wheels are aluminum Mickey Thompson Signature Series 15x8.

I called Sawyer tire in Republic to ask if they were a General Tire dealer, since I was set on the red letter tires, and they told me $950 for the tires mounted and balanced. That was a pretty good price since I had found them online for $224 each+ about $100 shipping. Then I asked if they sold cheap steel wheels, and then he told me he had a set of wheels that some dude had bought for his jeep and didn't like the all black. So he sold me the set of 4 with center caps and lug nuts for $220. I looked online at those, and they were going for about $160 a wheel+ shipping. And they are a limited edition wheel. Only 640 of them made.

So out the door for $1175! Did the deal completely over the phone, and sending text pictures. Great guys to deal with.

Offline mrfast

• Director of Photography
  • Level 4
« Reply #3 on: 02/15/11 - 03:05PM »
I sure like the way those tires look. I bought my fire-stone destinations from Sawyer tire in Bolivar, they are pretty good guys to deal with.

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #4 on: 02/15/11 - 06:47PM »
New Jeep stuff... gotta love it. Glad you got a good deal.  The tread pattern kind of looks like Pitbulls from what I can tell in the pic. Hope they work out good for ya.
EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline TJ-2thousand

• Level 4
« Reply #5 on: 02/15/11 - 07:06PM »
Yeah, this tread pattern is unlike anything else I have ever seen. That and the red letters is why I wanted them. They look very aggressive, but they are so much smoother and quieter than my BFG MTs ever were!

I never got to get them in the deep snow, but that few inches we got last week, they did great!!!

I am very happy with my tax return purchase!