Author Topic: So...I broke my jeep. Nothing new I know.  (Read 1936 times)

Offline Fierogld

• Level 3
  • climbin trees
So...I broke my jeep. Nothing new I know.
« on: 04/24/09 - 09:00PM »
I was climbing a new obstacle yesterday showing off to my father inlaw and i heard a pop, not sure if its an axle or hub, but Ill be looking into it tonight.  Might be time to go bigger...Im thinking 60. or 70.  If its just a hub then Im going to go with full timers. I have a 350SB set aside for it, and im now thinking of putting it in my CJ5 (it has a 60/14), cause if i can break stuff with a 305 than I will really break stuff with the 350.
LATA
Ryan
I like jeeps!!!

Offline Fierogld

• Level 3
  • climbin trees
Re: So...I broke my jeep. Nothing new I know.
« Reply #1 on: 04/27/09 - 09:28PM »
so i took the axle apart yesterday and found a snapped driver side inner shaft. snapped right at the splines so it was interesting getting my new paper weight out.  If anyone has an extra long shaft for a chevy d44 let me know, I cant find my spare.
Thanx
Ryan
I like jeeps!!!

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #2 on: 04/27/09 - 09:45PM »
I've got the complete long side, (inner, joint, and stub) out of mine.  $50
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline Fierogld

• Level 3
  • climbin trees
« Reply #3 on: 05/ 2/09 - 11:31PM »
Can you PM me your # thanx
Ryan
I like jeeps!!!

Offline Fierogld

• Level 3
  • climbin trees
« Reply #4 on: 05/15/09 - 05:58PM »
well I got the jeep put back together, sorry I flaked on you Aaron, i found my spare and after the massacre i found after tearing apart the jeep i couldnt afford another spare...the bearings are almost shot just repacked tehm for now, both brake calipers are bad on teh front, I was able to get one bled but the other was beyond seized, had to get the big hammer out for that one.  When i got the ujoint beaten off the broke axle, it was so bone dry that the rust held the bearings together.  then to make things better, the tcase i bought for my wifes xj doesnt match...23 spline instead of 21 that the tranny has...learned my lesson to count splines twice before putting the jeep all the way back togther, but being positive, im getting real good at tearing a tcase out of an xj, and tearing down d44 axles.
Lata
Ryan
I like jeeps!!!

Offline Fierogld

• Level 3
  • climbin trees
« Reply #5 on: 07/31/09 - 05:06PM »
So I guess I'm going to need an upgrade to a 60 sooner than I thought. So Aaron, do you still have that spare or anyone else for a Chevy Dana 44?
Thanx
Ryan
I like jeeps!!!

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #6 on: 07/31/09 - 05:26PM »
I do.
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline Fierogld

• Level 3
  • climbin trees
« Reply #7 on: 07/31/09 - 05:33PM »
You coming down to branson any time soon cause I'm not able to come to spfd till next week
I like jeeps!!!

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #8 on: 07/31/09 - 06:12PM »
Not planning on it no.

Offline Fierogld

• Level 3
  • climbin trees
« Reply #9 on: 08/11/09 - 08:09PM »
So I still haven't made it up to spfd. Did I see that your trading the axle for a tailgate? If so ill keep looking for one
 thanx
 Ryan
I like jeeps!!!

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #10 on: 08/12/09 - 12:47AM »
Yes I traded it.