Author Topic: Memorial Day Memories  (Read 5503 times)

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
Re: Memorial Day Memories
« Reply #15 on: 05/30/09 - 12:05PM »
It it negotiable to a certain extent, he gave me a couple different options and also because i took this option (17k) he let me have it back for 3k instead of 5k-6k which is what salvagw would have been. he did some number crunching and figured in a couple of my mods. Gave me 1500 over book. (NADA) As far as plans, I have so many spinning around in my head not sure just yet.
EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline OldYJ

• Charter Members
  • Level 5
« Reply #16 on: 06/ 1/09 - 07:08PM »
that is AWSOME Jimmie................
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from
those who are willing to work and give to those who would not"
Thomas Jefferson

Offline slurveysTJ

• Level 2
« Reply #17 on: 06/ 4/09 - 12:29PM »
So is the 14k you are getting from the insurance company going to new mods?
1999 Jeep XJ, stock with HP30 and C8.25. I'm sure more will come as the money comes.

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #18 on: 06/ 4/09 - 01:01PM »
hahaha. I wish all of it!!  I still owed some money the jeep. But I have a good chunk to play with.

update on Kaiser: Apparently he's been moving around too much during the day while I am at work. I had him confined to a 5x3 area. He's fell on his leg or something cause it is re-broken. He's going back under for surgery again today.   >:(

EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline TanYJ

• Level 4
« Reply #19 on: 06/ 4/09 - 01:45PM »
Jimmy, he needs a kennel with carpet on the bottom & not big enough for him to stand in.  I know it sounds harsh, but Di & i know all about this stuff.  The confined area is ok, if you have a non slip carpet of some sort.  We have one we can loan you, if you need it.  Also, the pain meds you should have gotten will help to keep him sedated.  Use them.
J-ust.................It's
E-mpty.............Hip
E-very............To be
P-ocket.........[-]====[-]
.....The second mouse gets the cheese.....
"Skinny models, you can keep those..I like big corn-fed mid-western ho's"

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #20 on: 06/ 4/09 - 03:18PM »
yeah a kennel carpet probably would have helped ALOT... cause he has been on a tile-floor in the laundry room. .. and it was really slick to his paws. He was also able to stand, so that probably wasn;t good. I had been giving him his pain meds, but maybe he needed more.  :106: It's 10/day for the vet to keep him, so I'm going to let him stay there for at least 2 weeks, and I'll just go visit him every few days.
« Last Edit: 06/ 4/09 - 03:21PM by LoneWolf »

Offline TanYJ

• Level 4
« Reply #21 on: 06/ 4/09 - 03:47PM »
Yeah.  We would have done that with Mya if we hadn't had to keep her in Columbia.  She was kennaled for 4 1/2 months & it was HARD, but well worth it.  First few weeks is critical to the healing, then the rehab.  Find a cheap treadmill for that.  Good luck with him.  The care you give during this time will create a tight bond between you 2.
J-ust.................It's
E-mpty.............Hip
E-very............To be
P-ocket.........[-]====[-]
.....The second mouse gets the cheese.....
"Skinny models, you can keep those..I like big corn-fed mid-western ho's"

Offline Mo Printer

• Club Members
  • Level 3
« Reply #22 on: 06/ 4/09 - 05:46PM »
Jimmy, he needs a kennel with carpet on the bottom & not big enough for him to stand in.  I know it sounds harsh, but Di & i know all about this stuff.  The confined area is ok, if you have a non slip carpet of some sort.  We have one we can loan you, if you need it.  Also, the pain meds you should have gotten will help to keep him sedated.  Use them.
Dick, did you want Jimmy to use the pain meds??? (Ha!)
Mo Printer

Offline why jay

• Level 2
« Reply #23 on: 06/ 5/09 - 12:55AM »
Jimmy, not sure if Dick was offering carpet or a kennel, but we have a large kennel as well if u want.  And I would honestly try to visit more than every few days.  Like Everyday.  He needs to see you as much as possible while he is injured, in pain, and scared.
I am Joe the plumber.

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #24 on: 06/ 5/09 - 01:11PM »
Jimmy, not sure if Dick was offering carpet or a kennel, but we have a large kennel as well if u want.  And I would honestly try to visit more than every few days.  Like Everyday.  He needs to see you as much as possible while he is injured, in pain, and scared.

I know Jay, and I will go see him as much as I can... He's my boy btw. I might take you up on the kennel, I'm going let him stay at the vet at least until the stitches get taken out. but when he comes home he is still going to have the be confined to a smaller space than what I had him in before.
« Last Edit: 06/ 5/09 - 01:13PM by LoneWolf »

Offline LibertyPatriot

• I vote for BACON!
  • Charter Members
  • Level 5
  • Web Wheeler!
« Reply #25 on: 06/ 5/09 - 01:45PM »
I don't think it's cruel to kennel a dog.  My dog is kenneled everyday when we're at work.  It's just his home and he's never had a problem going in there.  I go home for lunch everyday so he's not put up 9 hours straight.  Really, what's the difference in that than if he stayed in the house all night anyway?  Of course, he gets me up sometime between 3:30 and 5:30am to eat everyday... man, that's a drag if you don't go to bed until midnight some nights.

What vet is he at?  Just curious since I've never had a major issue with a pet.  Except the time Christy released a fishing reel with a jig on the line and the cat pounced on it and ran off with the hook set in her jaw.  Had to put my Carhart coat and thick leather gloves on to hold her with while Christy drove to the vet.  Saturday morning too.   I don't think Christy has been fishing since...
I'd put something funny here, but you probably wouldn't get it anyway...

Offline FlameRed08

• Level 3
« Reply #26 on: 06/ 5/09 - 01:49PM »
Now that's a funny mental picture, Keith
2008 JK Unlimited X, Flame Red, 4" Superlift, Shrockworks Rails, Elements doors, etc.

Offline LibertyPatriot

• I vote for BACON!
  • Charter Members
  • Level 5
  • Web Wheeler!
« Reply #27 on: 06/ 5/09 - 03:07PM »
Now that's a funny mental picture, Keith

Yeah, we laugh about it... now.  That was over 10 years ago.
I'd put something funny here, but you probably wouldn't get it anyway...

Offline OJTV8CJ

• Charter Members
  • Level 4
« Reply #28 on: 06/ 5/09 - 03:19PM »
Don't give him too many pain meds.  If you give him to much his body/leg won't let him know that he is reinjuring himself.  It is one thing to manage the pain and another to eliminate it.

Don't worry about the kennelling.  Dog's are den animals and like spaces where they are partially closed in.

Good luck with his rehab. 
I cut sheetmetal for free.  It's fixing it that get's expensive.

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #29 on: 06/ 5/09 - 04:01PM »

What vet is he at?  Just curious since I've never had a major issue with a pet. 

He's in Marshfield Vet Clinc on McNabb road, that was the closest place that had emergency care on Memorial weekend. Since they did the surgery and know of everything, I took him back there.