Author Topic: Help get STOLEN 2wd cherokee out of rough trail in chadwick. Details inside.  (Read 1683 times)

Offline BadBlak

• Level 1
 :102:  Well, this is the story.  I was planning on selling my jeep cherokee.  It was a 96 2wd 5speed 4cylinder.  I loved the car, but needed the money.  I write up a bill of sale, for a guy who is interested, and had money.  Then he decides he doesn't want it.  The next day I go outside my apartment, and boom no jeep.  2 days later I get a call that the jeep is sitting in a foot of water in Chadwick, and all the windows were busted out, and all the tires were popped and its at the bottom of a really steep trail, that they think only a bulldozer can get to.  On top of that it is in a dirbike atv part of the trail.  The police at the station are still trying to track him down.  I still have the keys, and no idea how he stole it.  When I sold it it was in perfect condition.  I have a 99 Cherokee with lift, and big tires, but if anyone would be willing to possibly help me get it out it would be a huge help.  It is in Chadwick off trail 110.  I am calling the ava ranger station today to see if its still there, and make sure I can pick it up.  I am sorry I don't have any extra money to pay anyone, im on a real tight budget, but if anyone has some spare time, and wouldn't mind it would make a world of difference to me.  I don't know what kind of shape it is in now, supposedly pretty bad, but I love it too much to let it just sit, and rot.  I'll put more details up today, when I know if its still there, or about anything.  They haven't returned my call in 2 weeks.
« Last Edit: 09/ 3/09 - 03:13PM by BadBlak »

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
Sounds like it would cost more to retrieve it than the vehicle is worth. Regardless, somehow you need to get it out of there. You might try asking the Rangers if they can get out and up to an area where you can get to it with a trailer and haul it out of there; I'm sure they don't want it left there and that might be a bargaining chip for you when you ask for their help. Good luck.
EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline BadBlak

• Level 1
Yes, they said I do need to get it out of there.  They can haul it out with a bulldozer, but they want like $700, which I think is crazy, and since it is still technically my vehicle, it is my responsibility to get it out.  Like you said they were pretty upset about the whole situation, and did want it out pretty bad.  It just seems like every time I call everyone isn't there, not a single person who can help me.  It'll get out somehow  :deadhorse:

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
If it's on an ATV trail I'm guessing a ranger will have to be present if anyone uses a vehicle for recovery.  Otherwise seems you run the risk of being ticketed.
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline BadBlak

• Level 1
Yes, thats why I am trying to get a hold of them and get that figured out.  If its still there im sure they want it out as bad as I do.  This isn't going to be some middle of the night operation, im making sure to do this the right way.  :101:

Offline BadBlak

• Level 1
FIGURED OUT STOLEN 2wd cherokee.
« Reply #5 on: 09/ 3/09 - 04:49PM »
Ok, I talked to officer page the police officer there, and I am meeting here there tomorrow to get it out, but the national guard offered to pull it out with a helicopter maybe lol sweet.

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
Good deal. Take pictures!
EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline bronco72

• Level 1
If that doesn't work out let me know,  sounds like a good adventure.  I would be willing to go with you.  I have a winch.....  but no dozer or helicopter.

Offline Fred

• Level 2
Be sure if they air lift it out you get LOTS of pictures. Heck even if they use a dozer get pix

Offline BadBlak

• Level 1
For sure, i'll put them up when I get them.  And thanks Bronco if something doesn't work out i'll let you know.

Offline BadBlak

• Level 1
The pictures, I mean i'll put up the pictures if you didn't get that.

Offline OldYJ

• Charter Members
  • Level 5
so did you get it out? if not I would be willing to go along and help out as well
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from
those who are willing to work and give to those who would not"
Thomas Jefferson