Author Topic: Nates 4x4  (Read 2278 times)

Offline Fred

• Level 2
Nates 4x4
« on: 10/11/09 - 09:04PM »
A friend of mine ordered a pair of TJ bumper from this place in May. He received both in Aug and the front fit and looked great but the rear was absolutly not a correct fit. He contacted Nate on several occasions and Nate told him to dispose of the old bumper and a new one was in the mail. It is now Oct and no rear bumper. He has been trying to contact Nate for the past 6 weeks or so with no success. I am spreading this post around to warn folks about poor customer service and poor buisness practices, and maybe see if the internet jeep community can get something done.

Heres his post from our club site:

I ordered a set of bumpers from this guy on May 15th 2009. Received them in August and the rear one did not fit. Have been told by Nate himself that he was sending out a replacement one on two different occasions which has never happened. Have not been able to get a hold of him for about 6 weeks. I have been emailing and calling him at least twice a week. My last email on Tuesday October 6th 2009 informed him that he has until the end of the week to show verification/proof that the replacement bumper has shipped or I am contacting his local police department which I will be doing in the morning.

Communications have been nearly non existent during the entire process and the rear bumper did not fit, not even close. He seems like a nice guy, but when you send out stuff this slow that doesn't fit and you are impossible to contact tells me otherwise about the operation of his business. Don't try to save money by ordering from this guy, the customer service and prompt delivery times are worth the extra cash from all of the other places that sell bumpers. I feel I have been more than patient with the entire situation and am just ready to get through it in which ever way puts me back at even whether it be receiving the bumper or the refund for the rear bumper and shipping. If anyone is close to this location, or knows this guy tell him the guy from order number 739 needs him to contact me. Or PM me for my number if you care to stop by his place and give me a call so I can talk to him. Will update as the story progresses.

This is the site and his contact info from the site.

http://www.nates4x4.com/catalog/

Nate's Welding
312 E. Lyon Road
Midland, MI 48640

989-708-9482

Offline xj42

• Level 3
Re: Nates 4x4
« Reply #1 on: 10/11/09 - 09:42PM »
Don't try to save money by ordering from this guy, the customer service and prompt delivery times are worth the extra cash from all of the other places that sell bumpers.

You get what you pay for.
I've heard this guy takes forever, but he usually comes through.

Offline calebsxj

• Level 1
« Reply #2 on: 10/11/09 - 09:46PM »
Thats where my front bumper came from.  Took about 8 weeks.  You just need to keep calling, bug him about it.  He will come through on the order.

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #3 on: 10/12/09 - 12:25AM »
screw Nates4x4. What a jackhole... you'd be better to call the BBB than the police, as they can't do anything about this. The fact he won't answer your calls or return them is a pretty clear sign you won't be seeing your bumper. He told you to throw it away, so you have nothing to return. On paper, his end shows he sent the order. Call the Better Business Bureau, file a complaint and then take him to small claims court. That way he'll have to travel here to attend. If you don't have that messed up non-fitting rear bumper anymore, you're probably screwed.
EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline calebsxj

• Level 1
« Reply #4 on: 10/12/09 - 12:31AM »
Yea I almost went that route it's crazy. He shouldn't own a business. Yes the product is good, but the way he treats us is very poor and should be handled!!!

Offline Fred

• Level 2
« Reply #5 on: 10/12/09 - 12:07PM »
Local Police in his area have been contacted and I am starting this little internet thing. I posted this on 9 different forums. He is bound to see one or two and maybe make it right

Offline OJTV8CJ

• Charter Members
  • Level 4
« Reply #6 on: 10/12/09 - 12:50PM »
Why doesn't it fit?  There is only 4 holes per side, and 2 on the bottom of the frame.  Depending on the application it may only be 2 holes per side and 2 on the bottom.

That sucks, but unfortunately your friend may be hosed if he threw the bumper out.  The only way to recoup any money is to take him to court.  A part was paid for and received.  Bad customer service is not a crime, unfortunately.  If it is a misalignment issue or something simple to be fixed with a welder, do it.  It will resolve the issue faster and don't spend any more time/money with him.

-- If you EVER buy anything from a fabricator and he tells you to "throw it out" - DON'T BUY FROM HIM AGAIN!  That means that he KNEW that he sent you something that wouldn't work/fit.  Nobody wants to eat the cost of the material and labor.

Do the BBB thing, as what he did is BS.
« Last Edit: 10/12/09 - 12:56PM by OJTV8CJ »
I cut sheetmetal for free.  It's fixing it that get's expensive.

Offline xj42

• Level 3
« Reply #7 on: 10/12/09 - 12:55PM »
If you have a legitimate claim there is probably no better place to take this than Pirate.
Just make sure you have a legit claim or may end up like this guy.
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=826119

Offline OJTV8CJ

• Charter Members
  • Level 4
« Reply #8 on: 10/12/09 - 12:58PM »
If you have a legitimate claim there is probably no better place to take this than Pirate.
Just make sure you have a legit claim or may end up like this guy.
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=826119

You will have to put it in Chit Chat tho.  It didn't orignate on Pirate and they get real serious about the stuff in the Bad Sellers Forum!

Be careful! LOL
I cut sheetmetal for free.  It's fixing it that get's expensive.

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #9 on: 10/12/09 - 04:33PM »
Pirate thread is about to get the AXE.  Gotta read the rules man.
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline Fred

• Level 2
« Reply #10 on: 10/12/09 - 09:28PM »
Its gone from Pirate, I honestly hate that forum anyway but I know its a good place to usually get someones attention

Offline Jacon

• Level 1
« Reply #11 on: 10/13/09 - 01:08PM »
I am the one with the issue. The rear bumper brackets/holes are off by almost an inch too narrow. There isn't enough material on the edge of the plates to just re-drill the holes. I have tools/welder and know how to fix it, but why the hell did I pay for a bumper if I have to finish it or make it fit? He is supposed to send me a new one, but I do still have the one that will not fit. I contacted the local police up there in Midland, MI to see if they can have him contact me. I am also sending him a certified letter to let him know to contact me to either send the bumper or refund my money plus shipping that I was charged. At this point I don't care what happens as long as I end up even on this deal. I won't buy from him again, nor would I recommend him to anyone else. He has solid products and really good prices, but his CS skills are non-existent. The only reason I bought bumpers from him is because I couldn't buy the materials and make them myself as cheap as he sells them. Guess you do get what you pay for. Worst case, I get refunded for the rear bumper and fix it myself. At least I already have the materials.