Author Topic: Scored a lifted Wag  (Read 4021 times)

Offline j2sax

• Club Members
  • Level 3
Scored a lifted Wag
« on: 10/23/09 - 06:08AM »
Found on the St Louis CL... couldn't believe it!  This was an FSJ (Full Size Jeep) Wagoneer.  PO had installed a 6" all spring lift, Sway bar quick disconnects, drop pitman arm, brnd new Pro Comp 33x12.5's on New Black Steelies, Rhino Grille, Z & M Aluminum dash with New Stewart Warner Gauges Extended Stainless brake lines, new Alt, Batt, starter. 

Still in boxes, Edelbrock Carb, Alum intake, Rotors, Drums, Wheel cylinders, MSD HEI DIstributor and Taylor Wires!

"Custom" front and rear bumpers as well as sliders (not really well done, but better than nothing... front bumper is going soon as it is not something I can live with, but I will live with rear awhile and beef up the sliders. 

I got all this at an unbelievable deal.  The PO's wife said "sell it".  He had removed the vacuum 2WD/4WD swithc to replace with cable.  To give himself room to work, he had removed the front driveshaft and after that the Beast would not move except in 4 Lo.  When they put in Hi, it made awful noises, so noone wanted to buy it.  I reached underneath, put the TC in 2WD, shifted to high and drove away... I didn't want to look back!  Can't wait to hit the trails with you guys again!
« Last Edit: 10/23/09 - 06:11AM by j2sax »
Jesse, Near Sparta, MO FSJ/AMC Freak<br />Wag w/ 6" lift 360/727/229 (208 soon) <br />2 J10s, 2 J20s, 4 Door J20 Project, Lots of Wags<br />73 Commando on Wag Frame, 79 AMX, Several Eagles

Offline Fred

• Level 2
Re: Scored a lifted Wag
« Reply #1 on: 10/23/09 - 11:11AM »
sounds nice...wheres the pix? I see one in your avitar but its small

Offline j2sax

• Club Members
  • Level 3
« Reply #2 on: 10/23/09 - 01:42PM »
Haven't ever posted pics here, so I will figure out this weekend.  On the road in St L right now (had to stop for a download from Corporate). 

This weekend I am renting a Machine to strip the surface from our basement cement floor and stain it.  PLanned on leaving Sat open for trail run, but, plans change! Guess I'll use that time to post pics now!

Have a great weekend,

Jesse
Jesse, Near Sparta, MO FSJ/AMC Freak<br />Wag w/ 6" lift 360/727/229 (208 soon) <br />2 J10s, 2 J20s, 4 Door J20 Project, Lots of Wags<br />73 Commando on Wag Frame, 79 AMX, Several Eagles

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #3 on: 10/23/09 - 01:56PM »
You can always rent a Uhaul.  Put waggy in back (don't tell them), and car on the tow dolly behind. 

Have had a part of this type of misadventure when tow rigs go down far from home.
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline j2sax

• Club Members
  • Level 3
« Reply #4 on: 10/24/09 - 01:04AM »
NOt a bad idea!  I have 100 Mi towing from AAA, so, if I can get within 100 miles of the house, I may just let them hook up and take it home! 

I have a friend who is riding up with me on Tuesday.  He will drive my '10 Taurus (wooHOO picking up tomorrow... no, it's not a SHO!) and I will drive the Wag back.  I am going to take a set of 235/15's with me to save 200 miles wear on my new ProComps! 

I stopped by and got more pics b4 the ride home, so I'll nge tthem posted up. 

Have a great weekenend,

PS, Do you still need a set of front Wag Springs?  I do have some with reuseable bushings (though I would personally replace them)