Author Topic: Swamper help  (Read 975 times)

Offline TanYJ

• Level 4
Swamper help
« on: 08/ 7/06 - 03:03AM »
Ok, i have narrowed down what trail tires i want to either plain old Super Swamper bias TSLs (8 plys, very tough sidewall, old school) & Super Swamper bias LTBs (6 ply, more aggressive but lighter sidewal???)

Any thoughts on either of these would be very welcome.  Most folks love the old TSLs, but they are $20 per tire more expensive than the LTBs, but if they are worth it, it's $80 well spent.

Also, any experience with the LTBs would be appreciated as well.  These will only be used for wheeling, and driving back & forth to the wheeling locations, possibly.  For my day to day driving, i will stick to my BFG ATs.

Here are the 2 links to the tires, with pictures:

LTBs   http://www.intercotire.com/site36.php

TSLs   http://www.intercotire.com/site33.php
J-ust.................It's
E-mpty.............Hip
E-very............To be
P-ocket.........[-]====[-]
.....The second mouse gets the cheese.....
"Skinny models, you can keep those..I like big corn-fed mid-western ho's"

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
Re: Swamper help
« Reply #1 on: 08/ 7/06 - 02:40PM »
I've ran and wheeled both tires.  TSL's last longer on highway but only slightly which isn't a concern for you.  I would go with LTB's they are lighter and are made of a softer compound which should benefit you offroad.  

So buy the LTB's
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline junkyard

• Level 4
  • GO BIG OR GO HOME!!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: 08/ 7/06 - 07:49PM »
i agree with yotaguy, also the ltbs have a very nice void in between the lugs which clean out nicely.

im putting the 47 ltbs on the jester buggy when it is assembled
for rock crawling info and events   go to   www.rockcrawlinginfo.com

Offline TanYJ

• Level 4
« Reply #3 on: 08/ 7/06 - 08:54PM »
Sweet, you just made th' ol' Lady happier with me.  The 34-10.50-15s are only $137.some pennies each, delivered to my door, and i can use the aero 15x7s with the narrower tire, so that saved another $25.  That means i can get into an entire new set of skins for under $725 including the new 45 degree lug nuts.  

I'd actually decided on the TSLs, prior to reading the 2 responses, i'm glad i came to the board.  I spent almost 2 hours on pirate digging through the posts, and found zip that was actually helpfull to my dropping yet MORE cash on the th' Tan Moneypit....er Jeep.

Now to talk her into the axle/gear swap............ :pigfly:
J-ust.................It's
E-mpty.............Hip
E-very............To be
P-ocket.........[-]====[-]
.....The second mouse gets the cheese.....
"Skinny models, you can keep those..I like big corn-fed mid-western ho's"