Author Topic: No response from inside cab??  (Read 1018 times)

Offline gdowling

• Level 2
No response from inside cab??
« on: 06/12/09 - 11:49AM »
This may be a stupid question, but here is the scenario. I bought a DIY tube fender kit from Blue Torch Fab to put on my CJ5. So first i took off the existing fenders, attached to the fenders on drivers side was the windshield washer fluid box, ECM, and connected to the passenger side fender was the solenoid. Now, these these two problems may not have anything to do with each other but that is why I am asking. Before I detached the solenoid from the fender the jeep started every time from inside the cab - now that the solenoid is just hanging from the cross member(temporary location) I am not getting any response from inside the cab, but I can jump it across the solenoid and it fires right up. Does the solenoid have to be grounded or something like that???? Thanks in advance!
EMAW

Offline NightStalker

• Seek and Ye shall find
Re: No response from inside cab??
« Reply #1 on: 06/12/09 - 03:04PM »
Does the solenoid have to be grounded or something like that???? Thanks in advance!
Yes, it must be grounded to a GOOD ground source.  You can mount it somewhere to a ground source, or run a ground from the NEG side of the battery to the mounting plat on the back of it.

Hope this helps
77 CJ7 mostly Stock, Rust Brown under Hunter Green<br />><>give a man a fish, and feed him for a day...teach a man to fish and feed him for life<><

Offline gdowling

• Level 2
Re: No response from inside cab??
« Reply #2 on: 06/12/09 - 10:25PM »
Ok I will give that a shot - thanks alot i appreciate it!
EMAW