Author Topic: Royal Purple  (Read 1298 times)

Offline Gmann

• Level 1
  • Don't get mad, go Jeepin
Royal Purple
« on: 06/28/09 - 05:42PM »
So I bought a 97 Tj yesterday. Decided to change the oil and O'Rielly's was having a sale on Royal Purple motor oil and a K & N oil filter. So I decided to do it.

I know a lot of the TV guys love it, but I guess my question is has any one on here tried it and really noticed a difference?
1997 TJ Sport

Offline Big A

• Level 3
Re: Royal Purple
« Reply #1 on: 06/28/09 - 06:06PM »
I run it in my differentials, But i can't say i noticed anything that would make a noticeable difference.

I believe oil is oil,and comes from the same source. It's all just marketing hype and certain additives that make brands like RP different from the rest.

˙ɹǝʌo ǝɯ dıןɟ sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #2 on: 06/28/09 - 06:37PM »
You can dyno test and get a bit of gain from running everything filled with synthetic.  Most of the time it's 5-7 from the dyno's I've seen.  So nothing your going to "notice". 

Some items shouldn't be run with full synthetic fluid.  According to Detroit you shouldn't run it in anything they make, and I believe Aubrun ECTEDs are the same way.
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline liftitup

• Level 1
« Reply #3 on: 06/29/09 - 03:01PM »
You Might not notice it as a power gain. But, you should notice the longevity of parts! Good lube Lessins the friction from one part to another correct?? I Have never Chose a Lube for a performance increase but more for Less heat and Friction in turn Making those parts Last alot Longer. And less Money out of your Pocket in the long run... I would suggest Amsoil. so far so good For me But I may be  :deadhorse: