Author Topic: Rocker guards don't fit flush?  (Read 1079 times)

Offline 97_TJ

• Level 1
Rocker guards don't fit flush?
« on: 09/ 4/09 - 04:40PM »
I got my LOD rocker guards in and when i held them up to the jeep there is like an inch or so between the fender flares. Is that gappage worth sending them back? I assumed there might be a tiny gap to the flares but this seems pretty wide? Thoughts?

Nate

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
Re: Rocker guards don't fit flush?
« Reply #1 on: 09/ 4/09 - 06:07PM »
4x4xplor's write up shows them the same way... if you send them back they're not going to send you longer ones. You'll get the exact same thing. If you want them to hit exact on front and back fender; you'll have to build your own.

http://www.4x4xplor.com/LoD-Rockers.html

« Last Edit: 09/ 4/09 - 06:10PM by LoneWolf »
EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline 97_TJ

• Level 1
« Reply #2 on: 09/ 4/09 - 06:21PM »
Well it helps to know that none of them fit perfect like i expected for some reason. Also, there are three rivets where the short horizontal flares screwed into, and they stick out just a bit from the body. Should i try to get those out(if possible), or just mount the guards over them?

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #3 on: 09/ 4/09 - 06:22PM »
I would drill them out if it was me.  Yes no one seems to have exact fit unless you have someone like Brad who's OCD enough to do them that way.
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline Fred

• Level 2
« Reply #4 on: 09/ 5/09 - 04:01PM »
Larry (Ghost) made a set for his jeep and his go all the way to the fenders openings and we trimmed the flares to fit tight. But as said above it's best to make your own