Linked Events

• club run to Disney: 01/ 3/09

Author Topic: January 03, 2009 - Club Run to Disney, OK  (Read 6565 times)

Offline farmboy

• Level 3
Re: January 03, 2009 - Club Run to Disney, OK
« Reply #30 on: 01/ 2/09 - 03:35PM »
Say as many choice words about me as you would like....I'll catch up with you later... JIMMY!!! Have fun everybody...I am gonna make sure I at least get mine out of the barn and drive it a little. Maybe I will drive through the mall...that will be about as hard as anything Jimmy will do!! lol
Be quick to listen, slow to speek and slow to anger!!

Offline fish2222

• Level 1
« Reply #31 on: 01/ 2/09 - 04:10PM »
I am going with the Brushbeaters also, so I will meet some of you guys while we are out wheeling too.  Looks like we may have about 20 coming that way in the morning to meet up with you guys!

Offline Big A

• Level 3
« Reply #32 on: 01/ 2/09 - 09:31PM »
I will be there also!

Can someone get me2 OJT Stickers and bring them to Hoods tomorrow? Gotta Represent! LOL
˙ɹǝʌo ǝɯ dıןɟ sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı

Offline Mo Printer

• Club Members
  • Level 3
« Reply #33 on: 01/ 3/09 - 12:28AM »
I've got the LJ loaded (on my THIRD trailer for the year!).  I'm hauling 'Mr. Safety' & one of my grand-daughters.  I'm hoping if I bring her Steve M. won't talk me into another mud run like the one in July!  I'll either see you at Hood's or on the road, but we will be there.  The weather looks perrrrrfect! The other Steve.
Mo Printer

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #34 on: 01/ 3/09 - 01:31AM »
Adam, look for Tom Hover he should have stickers with him.  If not send me a PM when you get back and I'll give you 2.
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline why jay

• Level 2
« Reply #35 on: 01/ 4/09 - 02:17AM »
Hey Jimmy, I have a few pics from disney, can u create an album.....please?
I am Joe the plumber.

Offline FlameRed08

• Level 3
« Reply #36 on: 01/ 4/09 - 03:29AM »
Heckuva lot of fun was had by all. Can't wait to hit 'er again.
2008 JK Unlimited X, Flame Red, 4" Superlift, Shrockworks Rails, Elements doors, etc.

Offline OldYJ

• Charter Members
  • Level 5
« Reply #37 on: 01/ 4/09 - 01:56PM »
I never got a head count but there was a but load of people there. so if you were there send me a pm so I can get you name on my count sheet. who knows you might be in the running for the wheeler of the year trophy.

as for carnage. I know of 1 busted axle 1 flat and I heard something about a JK on a stump?
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from
those who are willing to work and give to those who would not"
Thomas Jefferson

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #38 on: 01/ 4/09 - 02:01PM »
Gallery is up, lets see some pics.  All Members have upload privs.

http://ozarksjeepthing.com/c/v/OJT/dis2009/

EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline fish2222

• Level 1
« Reply #39 on: 01/ 4/09 - 03:49PM »
We had fun yesterday, though I didn't really get to meet anyone from OJT.  I did get to talk to one on the radio on the drive down though.  They followed us from about the 59/60 junction all the way to Langley.  Never caught their names, and they had to pull off for a stop.  I know there were a ton of rigs there though!

Offline Kcolg

• Level 1
« Reply #40 on: 01/ 4/09 - 05:33PM »
It was prefect weather for wheeling yesterday.  We passed and met a few OJT guys on the trails in our group.  Several went through Little Blue and had a lot fun. 

Carnage Report:

1 with broke axle on a Suzuki
Broken front hub on a YJ with 39" and front D-44
Wet interior from hitting a deep water hole
Lost tools when another guy hit a mudpit and flipped his tool box into a mud pit.

If anyone is interested we have lots of pictures in the Photo Gallery on www.Brushbeaters.com as well as some videos in the Trail Ride forum.  Just check out the Disney Run post.
Registration is FREE, but required to access the photos or forums.

Hope to see you all again.

Who was the guy in the white ZJ with long arms?  Guessing he was with you?  Sweet looking rig, wasn't sure if he broke, I noticed he drove it there but trailered it home?
« Last Edit: 01/ 5/09 - 02:18AM by Kcolg »

Offline TORN

• Level 1
« Reply #41 on: 01/ 4/09 - 10:18PM »
I had a great time and enjoyed meeting the ones I did . You can see my pics here. I'm still learning your forum.
http://s497.photobucket.com/albums/rr334/Pajaro_19/Disney%201-03-09/
Who's Pickin the Banjo Here?

Offline FlameRed08

• Level 3
« Reply #42 on: 01/ 5/09 - 12:46AM »
I never got a head count but there was a but load of people there. so if you were there send me a pm so I can get you name on my count sheet. who knows you might be in the running for the wheeler of the year trophy.

as for carnage. I know of 1 busted axle 1 flat and I heard something about a JK on a stump?

Not really a stump... more of a downed tree. It wasn't anything major, but has caused me to second guess my choice of rock sliders. I got some that mount to the frame and they did great going around the rocks, but if I had opted for some that mount to the tub (like a lot of you have) it would have helped me to avoid some of the damage.

Ultimately, I have realized that I would have been better buying a decent 3/4 ton truck and a buggy rather than a nice JK. Live and learn, I guess...

2008 JK Unlimited X, Flame Red, 4" Superlift, Shrockworks Rails, Elements doors, etc.

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #43 on: 01/ 5/09 - 01:43AM »
Ross you surprise me, most don't learn that for at least 2 years. 
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline Mo Printer

• Club Members
  • Level 3
« Reply #44 on: 01/ 5/09 - 10:15AM »
What a blast!  Can't believe we've had nice weather for two January runs in a row.  Just enough mud to keep Steve Moore happy!  I'm glad others got photos, I left my camera behind.  It's great to see rigs from other groups, got to meet a few of them. 
Mo Printer