Linked Events

• Wheelin World Trip: 03/10/12

Author Topic: CLUB RUN: March 10th - Eureka Springs Trail Ride  (Read 4423 times)

Offline vegrant

• Club Members
  • Level 1
Re: CLUB RUN: March 10th - Eureka Springs Trail Ride
« Reply #30 on: 03/ 7/12 - 10:14PM »
I think we are going to be able to make it afterall, sounds like a great time.

Offline Red Oak

• Level 1
« Reply #31 on: 03/ 7/12 - 10:44PM »
what time do you guys expect to arrive at the park?  My girl and i will meet you there, unless you plan on heading down thru Shell Knob or Cassville.
Stupidity got me into this mess, Why can't it get me back out?!?

Offline LT411

« Reply #32 on: 03/ 8/12 - 10:57AM »
Anyone care to have a rider that has a open seat. Was going to take my XJ but my front bumper got delayed. I have never been trail riding before would like to see what its like so i know what to expect on my first go at it in my jeep. Would be willing to help out with fuel cost if needed. thanks everyone

Offline RoughSilver01

• Level 1
  • '01 60th Annv.
« Reply #33 on: 03/ 8/12 - 08:21PM »
I was wondering what time you guys' think you'll be coming upu through Branson West to head down there, I just live down here & am asking to see if I can meet ya instead of having to drive to Springfield, THEN DRIVE BACK DOWN HEADED TO EUREKA SPRINGS?!? Do ya think there is a good tire height/suspension set-up for the trails down there?? Haha I just didnt know like a long time ago when I went out to Chadwick, there was a stocker trail & then one a little more challenging that we went on...devided into two trails but just let me know if I could meet up with you guys down here or maybe find out where trails are actually located!?!
'01 Wrangler 4" Rough Country lift 33" M/T

Offline 67alecto

• Level 2
« Reply #34 on: 03/ 8/12 - 09:17PM »
I was wanting to know the route to the park. I live in Cassville and was wanting to convoy down with the group. We have a trailer Queen, so will be towing down two jeeps.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&safe=off&q=cassville,+mo+to+10+Mint+Ridge+Rd++Eureka+Springs,+AR+72632+directions&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.r_qf.,cf.osb&biw=1274&bih=821&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

Offline gjgoodale

• Level 3
  • ZMBR8D
« Reply #35 on: 03/ 8/12 - 09:44PM »
Let me cap-off the discussion thread given the ride is on Saturday:

Where will the club meet:  Walmart on West Sunshine - Meet around 7:30 AM, depart at 8:00 AM
When will the club meet at the park:  Given the departure time and figuring a 2 hour travel, 10:00 AM is park arrival
Can non-members attend the ride:  Yes - just don't try to wheel your El Camino (usually not trail ready)
Is the park appropriate for all levels of Jeeps:  Yes - there are 50 trails according to the park and there are things for everyone
Is anyone going down Friday night:  Yes, some are headed down the night before to meet at the park Saturday morning

I hope this helps with everyone's questions.  Below is a link to the park and a Google Maps suggested path to get to the park.

http://wheelinworld.webs.com/

http://www.google.com/maps?saddr=3520+West+Sunshine+Street,+Springfield,+MO&daddr=10+Mint+Ridge+Road+Eureka+Springs+AR+72632+USA&hl=en&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=59.769082,135.263672&geocode=FV1UNwId0o5v-imFlE-IQ2HPhzHkg8ZDZIazFA%3BFXGfKgIdaZJp-iFMhohU-nb1ZQ&mra=ls&t=m&z=10

Check the OJT Facebook page<br />http://www.facebook.com/groups/ozarksjeepthing/

Offline Red Oak

• Level 1
« Reply #36 on: 03/ 8/12 - 10:05PM »
alrighty! that route takes you right by the house.  We'll fall in with ya just South of Aurora.  Looking forward to a great trip

Offline RoughSilver01

• Level 1
  • '01 60th Annv.
« Reply #37 on: 03/ 8/12 - 10:07PM »
Thanks alot boys, really appreciate you lettin' me know what I'm lookin' at!! I didnt know everybody traveled over there through Cassville, I'm lookin' forward to havin' a great day to havin' fun & gettin' to know e'rybody!!  :)
'01 Wrangler 4" Rough Country lift 33" M/T

Offline Kkow

• Club Members
  • Level 1
« Reply #38 on: 03/ 9/12 - 12:17AM »
I'll be riding dirty, er solo.  It's my first run, so ride at your own risk!  I'll be taking it very slow on the trails as I am pretty much stock, though I am getting the leveling kit installed on Friday, which will raise the front 2" and the back 1".

I also am riding solo. I have a empty seat if anyone
Wants to ride down.

Sounds good, I will be at the Walmart parking lot in the morning, assuming one or both of you are going to be there.  I need to know when ether or both are returning to Springfield, I have to let the dog sitter know when I will be back in town.  Thank you both for the offers!
Street Trail is sweet!

Offline 79Renegade

• Rush Springs Ranch
« Reply #39 on: 03/ 9/12 - 12:50AM »
Good deal, going right by our house on 86 Hwy. We'll fall in and bring up the rear and try not to embarrass any body.

Offline 67alecto

• Level 2
« Reply #40 on: 03/ 9/12 - 08:29PM »
Sounds good, I will be at the Walmart parking lot in the morning, assuming one or both of you are going to be there.  I need to know when ether or both are returning to Springfield, I have to let the dog sitter know when I will be back in town.  Thank you both for the offers!

I'll be there and will be heading back to Springfield sometime in the afternoon.  Google maps says ~2 hour trip.

Offline Red Oak

• Level 1
« Reply #41 on: 03/11/12 - 12:17PM »
Had ourselves a fantastic day of wheeling.  Not sure of the total count but I'm guessing around 15 rigs.  The weather was perfect, although i never did find any morels...ha.  Had to break out the winches a few times, always an oppurtunity to learn new stuff.  Looking forward to the next trip!