Linked Events

• Club Disney Run: 07/12/08 - 07/13/08

Author Topic: July 12-13, 2008 - OJT SUMMER Disney Run  (Read 5905 times)

Offline B-Love

• Level 2
Re: July 12-13, 2008 - OJT SUMMER Disney Run
« Reply #15 on: 06/18/08 - 11:18PM »
I'll be going down Saturday morning with the group and coming back Saturday night. 
Don't sweat the petty things...Pet the sweaty things.

Offline armycop

• Level 1
Disney not looking so good right now...
« Reply #16 on: 06/29/08 - 01:05AM »
Just for information, my friend who is vacationing at Disney, OK right now is telling me the rocks are currently under water. We had a JK run scheduled for the 4th which looks like it will be cancelled. Keep an eye on the level, I will call him before he leaves Disney on the 7th to see where the water level is at.

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #17 on: 06/30/08 - 02:43AM »
We'll make a decision on going as it gets closer.  We still have almost 2 weeks.  We are however discussing alternate locations just in case.  Currently the plan is still to wheel at Disney.
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline Big A

• Level 3
« Reply #18 on: 06/30/08 - 09:36AM »
Just for information, my friend who is vacationing at Disney, OK right now is telling me the rocks are currently under water. We had a JK run scheduled for the 4th which looks like it will be cancelled. Keep an eye on the level, I will call him before he leaves Disney on the 7th to see where the water level is at.
We'll make a decision on going as it gets closer.  We still have almost 2 weeks.  We are however discussing alternate locations just in case.  Currently the plan is still to wheel at Disney.
Yeah... This whole Disney trip we had planned for a MONTH is falling apart rapidly...:(

We might end up raiding your party! :D
˙ɹǝʌo ǝɯ dıןɟ sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #19 on: 06/30/08 - 03:11PM »
Best thing to do is call Hogan from Hogans Campground and ask him what the place looks like. He'll tell you straight.

DO NOT CALL THE GRDA, they don't like wheelers and will tell you it is flooded whether it is or not.

Park: 918-435-2737   
Shop: 918-435-8001

EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline NightStalker

• Seek and Ye shall find
« Reply #20 on: 06/30/08 - 03:16PM »
We have a friend on site right now that says it is flooded...our trip has been postponed...
77 CJ7 mostly Stock, Rust Brown under Hunter Green<br />><>give a man a fish, and feed him for a day...teach a man to fish and feed him for life<><

Offline NightStalker

• Seek and Ye shall find
« Reply #21 on: 06/30/08 - 03:28PM »
From another forum...

***UPDATE*** DISNEY SPILLWAY IS CURRENTLY RELEASING WATER AND THE ROCKS ARE SUBMERGED. WILL KEEP THIS THREAD UPDATED AS CONDITIONS ARE RELAYED TO ME BY JACKMACOKC***
[/b]
77 CJ7 mostly Stock, Rust Brown under Hunter Green<br />><>give a man a fish, and feed him for a day...teach a man to fish and feed him for life<><

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #22 on: 06/30/08 - 04:38PM »
Talked to hogan.... lil blue has water running down it and 1 gate is open.  He said everything else is wheelable.  So we'll see a week from now what the situation is.
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline TanYJ

• Level 4
« Reply #23 on: 06/30/08 - 04:41PM »
Spoke with Hogan about 10 mins ago, and he said the upper part & the rock garden is open and usable, as well as some of the trails.  Only gate open is above little blue.  He also said it takes about 2 hours for the water to run off after they close. 

We'll wait until closer to the event to decide whether or not to postpone/cancel/move it.

Two weeks is a long time from now, & without any more major precipitation, we will be just fine.
« Last Edit: 06/30/08 - 04:43PM by TanYJ »
J-ust.................It's
E-mpty.............Hip
E-very............To be
P-ocket.........[-]====[-]
.....The second mouse gets the cheese.....
"Skinny models, you can keep those..I like big corn-fed mid-western ho's"

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #24 on: 06/30/08 - 05:45PM »
See... That's why we call Hogan.   8)

MAKE YOUR PLANS... THIS RUN WILL HAPPEN.

EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline liftitup

• Level 1
« Reply #25 on: 06/30/08 - 11:14PM »
Just Remember you can't Get to the Trails When the Area is Flooded I Learned that a Year ago....... Also Just heard on Radio that you need to be really Careful on Grand lake Becuase the Water level is way high and Debry is everywhere.

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #26 on: 06/30/08 - 11:25PM »
there is an alternate route to the trails over by Lil'Blue Campground.

Offline OldYJ

• Charter Members
  • Level 5
« Reply #27 on: 07/ 1/08 - 08:31PM »
as of right now the run is still on. I will be closely monitoring the weather and dam conditions between now and then. if we need to go some where else I will post it up.as of right now my plan A,b and C will be d-day, Byrd's (if either of these are open. have not checked yet due to I don't think we will be changing)  and Cassville the old stand by.

once again this run is still on as of today.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from
those who are willing to work and give to those who would not"
Thomas Jefferson

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #28 on: 07/ 1/08 - 10:34PM »
Wouldn't that be plans b,c,d?

Offline OldYJ

• Charter Members
  • Level 5
« Reply #29 on: 07/ 2/08 - 02:15AM »
I am sorry, back up plans ab&c
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from
those who are willing to work and give to those who would not"
Thomas Jefferson