Linked Events

• club run to Disney: 01/ 3/09

Author Topic: January 03, 2009 - Club Run to Disney, OK  (Read 6564 times)

Offline OldYJ

• Charter Members
  • Level 5
Re: January 03, 2009 - Club Run to Disney, OK
« Reply #15 on: 12/12/08 - 06:26PM »
we should be at hogans around 830 to 9 jeff you guy meeting at hoods or going down later?
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from
those who are willing to work and give to those who would not"
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Track3

• Charter Members
  • Level 2
« Reply #16 on: 12/13/08 - 09:59PM »
Plan on meeting at Hood's also.  I think we are up to 8 or more in my little group. Hope to get 10 or more. Just hope the weather is ok.

Offline TORN

• Level 1
« Reply #17 on: 12/14/08 - 12:30PM »
I plan on comming from Stillwater. Hope to be at Hogans at 9am the 3rd.
« Last Edit: 12/14/08 - 12:32PM by TORN »
Who's Pickin the Banjo Here?

Offline redneck_punk

• Level 2
« Reply #18 on: 12/14/08 - 08:46PM »
Hoping the wife and I can be there but gotta figure out tow points I jsut don't have the tools to do so on hand since they all got stolen.  I need to break her in both the jeep and the wife.  I hate rust and unibodies :102:
t's a Jeep NOT a sheep get off my tail!!!!!!!!

Offline TORN

• Level 1
« Reply #19 on: 12/15/08 - 06:48AM »
Hoping the wife and I can be there but gotta figure out tow points I jsut don't have the tools to do so on hand since they all got stolen.  I need to break her in both the jeep and the wife.  I hate rust and unibodies :102:
You are welcome to come use my tools if you are ever in my area. Darn Thieves.What kind of rig are you driving?
Who's Pickin the Banjo Here?

Offline redneck_punk

• Level 2
« Reply #20 on: 12/15/08 - 01:02PM »
Its a 93 Grand some one cut off the bolts to the drop hitch so now I have to drill out re weld on figure out some way to mount one on the front.
t's a Jeep NOT a sheep get off my tail!!!!!!!!

Offline Kcolg

• Level 1
« Reply #21 on: 12/15/08 - 11:59PM »
I wheel a 94 grand.  If you have a little cash, you can try KevinsOffroad.com he has tow points for the ZJ.  One is a radiator lift and two shackle points = better than the stock factory hooks becuase they can be removed and not hit on rocks as well as lifts the radiator an inch.

Offline Kcolg

• Level 1
« Reply #22 on: 12/26/08 - 06:19PM »
Looks like about 5-6 going from BrushBeaters so far, could be more or less depending on the weather.  Meet you guys at Hogan's.  What type/color of rigs will you guys be in so we know who to look for?  Will you all be in the parking lot or in Hogan's Campground area somewhere?
« Last Edit: 12/26/08 - 06:23PM by Kcolg »

Offline OldYJ

• Charter Members
  • Level 5
« Reply #23 on: 12/26/08 - 10:00PM »
we will park at Hogans. some will be towing it a good place to leave the tow rigs. we usually park at the wooded area when you first enter Hogans across from the consesion stand. look for OJT logos most have them on their jeeps. I drive a black rubicon and I know there will be at least 2 orange YJ'S and I think 2 red LJ'S with us.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline farmboy

• Level 3
« Reply #24 on: 12/31/08 - 02:53PM »
I can't make it this trip....I forgot about personal property taxes being due, therefore all my money I been saving for the trip is gone.  No money = No gas = No Disney!!! That blows, but life isn't always fair...
Be quick to listen, slow to speek and slow to anger!!

Offline OldYJ

• Charter Members
  • Level 5
« Reply #25 on: 12/31/08 - 06:18PM »
I can't make it this trip....I forgot about personal property taxes being due, therefore all my money I been saving for the trip is gone.  No money = No gas = No Disney!!! That blows, but life isn't always fair...
hey I will make sure that no one has fun this trip so you will not have missed anything.............never mind ...........bad idea maybe we will take a moment and say a few words about you though.......thats a better idea   :)
Thomas Jefferson

Offline LibertyPatriot

• I vote for BACON!
  • Charter Members
  • Level 5
  • Web Wheeler!
« Reply #26 on: 12/31/08 - 07:42PM »
Wish I could go.  I'm sure they'll be more than just a few words said about dumbass Dave  :P
I'd put something funny here, but you probably wouldn't get it anyway...

Offline Kcolg

• Level 1
« Reply #27 on: 01/ 1/09 - 05:02AM »
Looks like good weather.  They are calling for mid 60's and a slight chance for rain late in the afternoon/evening.

We should be there around 09:00 with about 15 rigs going so far.  We have a wide mix of people and rigs.  Some fairly new to wheeling and some with several years experience.  Rigs are varied too, but most have a lift and bigger tires, at least half with one locker or two, and one BIG Boy rig that will be hanging with BigRide from SMORR - big yellow CJ with "Road Closed" sign as a roof, front and rear steer, etc.

I'm pretty sure we will break into at least 2 groups.  You all doing the same?  Mind if we entermix or do you want to just wheel with your own?  Anyone is welcome to mix in with us as well.

We are looking forward to meeting up with all of you. 

Offline upnover

• Charter Members
  • Level 4
« Reply #28 on: 01/ 1/09 - 02:48PM »
Ya, Jeff is so much more of a safer choice.  I've been with him when he broke a pinion on a rubi with 3 HUNDRED miles on it? 

Jeff will be sure I have to return to Safari. Aaron wants another wrench day?
Jim

I jeep, therefore I am.

Ranch Rocker!

Offline Track3

• Charter Members
  • Level 2
« Reply #29 on: 01/ 2/09 - 01:07AM »
The weather does look great, mid 60's in Jan. Awesome! I would be more than happy to test out that Rubicon Jim! Wait, no, I am not breaking someone else's rig again! To tired of working on stuff that is not mine! Still thinking I have at least 6 or more rigs joining up at Hood's.