Author Topic: would like to bring your attention to  (Read 643 times)

Offline junkyard

• Level 4
  • GO BIG OR GO HOME!!!!!!
would like to bring your attention to
« on: 02/ 5/08 - 10:52PM »
I have been speaking with a friend of mine (jason) who is founder of the Wheelers for the Wounded. jason is doing something i hold near and dear to me and do alot of others.

I have offered to help the cause. I tried to donate items and such for the  rig being used in this cause, but all the big name brands have beaten me to the punch.

while discussing this with Jason, it came up that my help could be best used right now to draw attention to the cause. Please take a minute and read the section below.

MAY GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS AND BRING THEM HOME SAFELY

Wheelers for the Wounded (www.wheelersforthewounded.org) is an organization with the goal of providing a few days of off-roading and camping to our Country?s wounded military members all over the United States. It will provide them with much deserved fun and excitement as they traverse some of the most extreme terrain our great country has to offer in a variety of the best off-road capable vehicles ever built.

Upon the completion of the founder?s tour in Iraq he will return to the United States and begin a 3 month off-roading and camping adventure across our great land which will begin on March 1, 2009. The wounded servicemen and women will get to experience first hand the beautiful country they've unselfishly given up so much of their lives for.

Along the way, members of off-road clubs all across the States will host special events for the brave men and women and will accompany them on the trails in their area. Riding with the groups will surely bring smiles to the faces of our esteemed passengers. At nightfall, we'll enjoy our peaceful surroundings and camp out in some of the most beautiful national parks in the Country.

To increase the sensation that an open-air vehicle provides, a brand new 2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon will be used. The top and doors will be removed which will benefit those who have lost partial eyesight and/or hearing. The Rubicon is currently in the process of being customized and will truly be a one of a kind vehicle.

This in not a political website in support of one party or another, or in support of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan or against them. The only support here is for the American men and women in uniform.

Visit the website, read the few pages, sign up on the forum which was created for event planning, and post any thoughts, ideas, etc you have for your State's event! If you do not see your state listed, send an email to event@wheelersforthewounded.org and it will be added promptly.
for rock crawling info and events   go to   www.rockcrawlinginfo.com

Offline Liberty03

• Level 3
Re: would like to bring your attention to
« Reply #1 on: 02/ 6/08 - 01:22AM »
 :41: